iPhone 5s/5c - Minneapolis, MN

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Ajarn, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Ajarn macrumors newbie

I didn't do it last year, but for the 4 and 4S I camped out in line at Ridgedale Mall. I plan on doing Ridgedale Mall again.

Who is all planning on Ridgedale, Uptown, Mall of America?

I started around midnight for both of those launches, and only about 5 people were in line. I'm expecting it to be worse this year because of no preorders and the rumors of people in line still not getting any.

2. bendrumin macrumors 6502

Ill probably be at ridgedale. What time ya think I should be there?

3. Ajarn thread starter macrumors newbie

I've arrived at midnight both times. It should still be fine. I'll try to listen for news of the line forming earlier or their being a massive shortage.

4. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

I've never actually queued up for an iPhone before, but was planning on it this year since I've been stuck with a feature phone since selling my 4S a week ago, and I want to make sure I snag a phone. I was thinking Uptown since it's closest; anybody have any launch day experiences with that store?

5. duck33 macrumors regular

Does Ridgedale allow people to camp out inside the mall? Or are you camping outside?

6. Ajarn thread starter macrumors newbie

Camp outside. They start selling at 8am, 2 hours before the mall opens. They let us in a half an hour to an hour early to line up outside the store inside middle area.

----------

I've only ever did Ridgedale Mall. Last year's thread seemed to indicate that there were more people at Uptown than Ridgedale. Probably because it's easier to get in line after drinking... or simply being closer to people. Plus, others might not know that the Ridgedale one actually opens at 8 for launches (their website says 10am).

7. bendrumin macrumors 6502

Ill probably be there 3:15ish depending on the online ordering and when it ships. Ill bring a Keurig! I can hook it up to my car hahaha

8. Ajarn thread starter macrumors newbie

9. Ajarn thread starter macrumors newbie

Next time I think I'll wait until 4am. Only like 5 more people showed up in between.

10. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

Three people here in Uptown lol... I'm considering going back to bed and just showing up at 8.

11. mikeytrend macrumors member

Have you guys heard anything about inventory? The MOA Apple Store only has space gray for AT&T.

12. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

Uptown has only 64GB Space Grey models; Southdale, and Rosedale are completely sold out of all models/colours. AT&T store in Uptown and Downtown got only the Space Grey, 16 and 32GB of which sold out (in Downtown).