iPhone 5S / 5C Sept 20th 2013 - Milton Keynes UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by jonhassam, Sep 15, 2013.

1. jonhassam macrumors newbie

I'm planning on queuing at Milton Keynes in the early hours of Friday morning. Is anyone else queuing there? What time do you think people will start to queue from?

2. i-aamir macrumors 6502a

I'll be going to MK as well, probably get there for 6am, any earlier is mad :)

3. jonhassam thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool - maybe see you there! I must be mad 'cos I was thinking earlier than 6am!

Any thoughts on the best place to park?

4. i-aamir macrumors 6502a

Sounds good, maybe earlier is better but who knows! Parking wise there should be some free spaces opposite costa and M&S which is quite near to the apple store.

Good luck bro because i think we'll need it :)

5. droo macrumors member

Im thinking of going as well aim for about 6am ish.

droo

6. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

7. droo macrumors member

After reading some of the other threads and a very long day at work I just ordered online last night.

Droo

8. lucglobal macrumors newbie

lucglobal

I did the same, ended up ordering via app at 00:01. Would still be interested to know how MK store queue got on?

9. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

Looks like it was best avoided.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mister Mister @thebargeboard

Apple Milton Keynes totally sold out of all 5s but some 5c still available

10. lucglobal macrumors newbie

lucglobal

Thanks for posting the photos. Always gd to know what it will be like for next time!

11. sparkie1984 macrumors 68000

Me and a buddy queued at mk after getting annoyed by scalpers at watford.

MK was almost as bad and we met a nice chap who queued behind us. Was so nice to meet someone who actually wanted the phone!!

We even got asked what was so great about the phone by the scummy scalpers!!

Anyway me and the chap behind got the last 2 32gb greys and a few people after they totally ran out.

Was so annoyed as we started about 30th and ended up probably 100 people back. I've emailed apple with some suggestions to stop this (doubt it'll ever get read but hey!)

Had to push some scum bag out the line as he was trying to barge in front of us, if they had we probably wouldn't have even got a phone

12. Gilb2406 macrumors newbie

Haha cheers, was good to meet you lads! :)

Have to 100% agree with sparkie1984 on this one. The queuing experience was BAD this time round. No such hassle at all for the iPhone 4. This time though, there were groups of people in the queue who were there to purely buy and sell in their shops/markets or ship abroad to sell. There would be one with a wad of cash, distributing it to all the friends & family that would be gradually appearing out of nowhere and joining them in the queue, so they can all purchase 2 each.

As sparkie rightly said, bloke behind me (part of another one of these 'groups'), asked me what was so good about the 5s! When I asked him why he was even queuing for one, he said that he didn't know what it did but just knew that he wanted one. This was 5 minutes before his mate was rummaging through his backpack and pulling out stacks of PAYG SIM cards wrapped in elastic bands. Wonder what they were for....... :/

After an incredibly annoying experience, I walked away thankful that I managed to bag the last 32GB handset (not in the colour I wanted mind you), so I didn't have to stump up another £80 for a 64GB just to avoid going home without one! After getting there at 3:30am, there was no way I could let that happen!

Reckon I'm gonna take this one back for a refund and try and get the silver one when stocks replenish.

Fingers crossed we get pre-orders next year!!!!!!!!

13. sparkie1984 macrumors 68000

Glad your on here mate!

We're gonna go the night before for the iPhone 6. Your more than welcome to join us :) I sent apple an email with some sensible suggestions. Never got a reply, didn't expect to but hopefully it was at least read.

Remember that scummy bird behind us in the queue always in the face of the apple guys!!!! Damn she peed me off

14. Gilb2406 macrumors newbie

To be honest mate I'm just hoping like hell that we'll be able to pre-order, though if what people are saying is true, and Mr. Cook is all about getting more sales through the retail stores, then there's not much chance of that!

IN for overnight camp! lol

and yeh, wanted to punch that b!7ch in the face!

15. Gilb2406 macrumors newbie

Figured I'd post my pics up too.

Hope @Mercenary doesn't mind me using one of his photos, but this is where we were in the queue, around 40-50th at a guess.
    [​IMG]

These are the ones I took when I got there at 3:25am, as you can see, not a great deal of people in front.
    [​IMG]

Behind us at 5am
    [​IMG]

Once the shutters opened and staff came out to organise the queue at 6am, the scalpers wormed their way in and when finished, this is what it looked like. As you can see, there is at least 50 people in the queue outside the store, and then another 50 in the queue in front of us! Ridiculous!!!!
    [​IMG]

We'd mentioned this to a few of the Apple staff when they were managing the queues etc.. I only hope they take this into account and get queue control sorted overnight so this can't happen...

16. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

Not my pics, just what I found online. I was at home ordering on the web while I watched Back to the Future ;)

17. Niz macrumors newbie

Hello fellas! I was in front of you guys. I was first in the third queue, got the grey 64GB - and the Apple Dock as well! That's my iPad in the second pic from Gilb2406.

Scalpers spoilt the atmosphere but it made me appreciate my iPhone a hell of a lot more. Definitely still queuing next year, but I'm gonna start at 1am. If Apple just stops cash payments that might just solve more than half of the problem based on what I saw.

Enjoy your iPhones :)

18. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Did you complete the survey that was linked in your Apple receipt?

I did so for the store where I was and received a call from a senior manager asking me about my experience and what I thought could be done better to prevent the line jumpers.

19. sparkie1984 macrumors 68000

never even checked my receipt, thanks a lot for that!

have just done it, listing my ideas and said I would accept a phone call.

Thanks

20. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

No problem, the manager sounded quite interested in what had happened, in my case made notes about the mall security at the store I was at who could have done more. He said they would be following up with the Centre management, hopefully he does and changes are made for the next launch.

21. Gilb2406 macrumors newbie

The guys at that store are legends!

I was having an issue with my 5s (64GB Space Gray) where the signal would drop out completely and wouldn't come back unless it was rebooted or airplane mode on for 2-3 minutes then back off.

Went down the store this morning at opening time, and there was a queue (albeit only about 15 people) and they were handing out tickets. It was all too familiar lol! Anyway, I asked about the stock levels and again all they had were 64GB Space Gray. Told the bloke I had issues with mine and showed him some pics and a video of the issue, and he said they'd replace it for me no problem. I cheekily mentioned that I was actually originally after the 32GB Silver, and asked if there was a possibility to swap. He went away for a second and came back saying that they keep a few in reserve just in case someone gets one dead out of the box etc., and said I could have one of those, so just did a straight swap for me! I'm now the happy owner of a 32GB Silver :D Best part is I didn't even have to join the queue, he let me straight in because I wasn't technically purchasing a new one so didn't have to wait!!

Apple are awesome!