iPhone 5s/5c - The Westchester Mall, White Plains, NY

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by musika, Sep 10, 2013.

1. musika, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013

musika macrumors 65816

musika

I'll be camping out for my 5s. Who's with me?

I'm thinking I'll get there around 3 am, because that's the last bus of that morning until 7 am. Does anyone know the procedure with mall hours/where the line is? I'm new to the area.

2. DredPirateStorm macrumors member

DredPirateStorm

I was wondering the same thing. I was planning on pre-ordering online, but I guess that isn't a possibility anymore. I don't know the rules at The Westchester, but if anyone else does, that'd be great.

3. musika thread starter macrumors 65816

musika

I'm gonna call later today and I'll update this post with the info, if they tell me anything.

So you're gonna be camping at The Westchester? What time were you thinking you'd get there?

4. DredPirateStorm macrumors member

DredPirateStorm

I'm not sure yet. Part of me wants to go to the mall early to be a part of the experience, but another part of me just wants to order it online at midnight on the 20th and wait until they send it to me in the mail. I'll probably decide as more info comes out on some more solid launch plans.

5. musika thread starter macrumors 65816

musika

I actually don't mind going to the mall early for this. I know it's just a phone, of course I could wait, but I only get to do this once in a blue moon. The line for the first iPhone was a ton of fun. A really good memory, actually.

There are always a lot of nice people.

6. musika thread starter macrumors 65816

musika

I called the store today. The rep told me they haven't made the plan yet.

7. prosp macrumors member

Do a search in this forum for "Westchester", and you will find info on the last few launches. Basically, doors to the mall opened between 6am and 7 am, then mad dash to the Apple store.

8. DredPirateStorm macrumors member

DredPirateStorm

That was my fear. I really don't want to be fighting off people for a chance at getting the phone. Guess I'll just be ordering my phone online.

9. musika thread starter macrumors 65816

musika

Yeah, I did that searching over the weekend and that's also what some folks at the Apple Store told me.

I've decided I'm just gonna go down to Long Island to visit family and I'll go to the Roosevelt Field Apple Store with my mom around 3am. Have fun if any of you decide to head out to The Westchester!

10. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

looks like they open at 8 am.. I wonder if I could go before work :D that would be fun!

i should go and plan my attack of fastest way to get to the apple store from the entrance I will enter from. I imagine the door under the overpass is opened first

11. HERO XXL macrumors regular

I've gone to the last 3 or so. The kicker about the Westchester--I'm sure you know--is that there are multiple openings. It's not like the doors open automatically or anything--they have different guards opening different doors--and it's not like they're in a rush, either--so you can imagine the MULTIPLE crowds at each opening RUSHING to the Apple Store--so prepare to be third or ONE HUNDRED AND THIRD.
    ...but that's the story.
    Good luck.

12. Micnation macrumors newbie

I'm in the building by the elevators across from the apple store. I got here by going through the rear garage's second door which was unlocked. But I am behind glass doors staring at the apple logo I took a walk around and this is the closest door which means little at least its warm. anyone else here already?

13. og3og macrumors member

og3og

Did the same thug for the 4, security eventually came and kicked us out and made us wait outside. Maybe you'll have better luck, just a heads up.

14. lips macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 the westchester

Micnation are there a lot of ppl now?

15. HERO XXL macrumors regular

16. Micnation macrumors newbie

They seem to collect people from all the entrances and put them into the level 7 of the garage. That is on the side of the apple store. Seems about 20 ppl here

17. HERO XXL macrumors regular

20 ALTOGETHER?!
    ...or just from the entrance you came in from?
    I'm at Ridge Hill--and we have...maybe 75-100?

18. Micnation macrumors newbie

Now30-40 - don't know if there is more at another door.

19. HERO XXL macrumors regular

Great. The ONE year I DON'T follow my usual ritual and the entire scene changes.
    Y'know what? I'm not even surprised.
    Good luck to you--I hope they have what you're looking for!

20. prosp macrumors member

How was the scene once they let the people in the mall? Controlled or mad dash as in prior years?