iPhone 5s/5c Westfield Fashion Sq. Mall, Sherman Oaks, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by cmjars, Sep 13, 2013.

1. cmjars macrumors 6502

2. enthawizeguy macrumors 6502

i will be... not sure if i should go here or the ATT store. What was the line like last time and what time do you recommend going??

3. cmjars thread starter macrumors 6502

The last time I was there for a launch was for the iPhone 4 and it was crazy. I am going to call the mall tomorrow to find out what time and where we can line up.

4. enthawizeguy macrumors 6502

How crazy? What time did you go there... maybe I should go to ATT store. Did you get the phone you wanted?

5. cmjars thread starter macrumors 6502

I went when the store opened there were hundreds in line and no I didn't get it the 1st day... I stood in line a second day and got it. I don't think it will be that crazy for the 5s. I plan on being there by 6am.

6. enthawizeguy macrumors 6502

I was thinking it wouldn't be crazy but i heard 10 att stores only received 18 total 5's for the 10 stores. I want the 64gb phone hopefully i get it. My power button broke so I need to get it friday. I am going to check the line earlier in the night. I may end up in like at midnight or go to a movie at midnight and than get in line and somehow sleep... ugh . keep in touch. text me if you want to talk more about it 617 320 9963.

- Ian

7. cmjars thread starter macrumors 6502

I talked to security and you can start lining up after 9pm on level 3 outside of the food court. They will have a security guard stationed there. At 6am they will move people inside next to the Apple Store.

Hope this helps.

----------

Still not sure what I am going to do. My hunch is they will only have a few 5s and a lot of the 5c's. I hate waiting many hours then they open and say sorry we don't have enough which happened with the iphone 4.

8. enthawizeguy macrumors 6502

keep me informed if you find any new info out... did you decide when you are arriving. I am tripping about getting a 64gb . Do you think i need to get there at 9pm or like 4am?

9. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

Getting in line at about 7 pm. I wonder how many people are in line already. :confused:

10. enthawizeguy macrumors 6502

could you text me and let me know 617 320 9963 I dont wanna keep driving back and forth. I wasn't planning on coming until after 11 because i don't know what I am going to do for 12 hours. I heard the santa monica store doesnt even have the 64gb ones so now im tripping hard. Is the line still up top

11. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

i have been there for every launch and you never line up near the food court. you line up neat Macy's near the parking structure downstairs. i go there for the iphone and iPad launches.

12. enthawizeguy macrumors 6502

i'm skeptical now supposedly there is a line already and i asked the lady if there weren't gonna be any 64gb and she said probably. Now I am angry. I gotta figured out what to do. I really don't have camping stuff. Is there a place to go to the bathroom?

13. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

The mall is open til 9pm. After that it's closed. All bathrooms are inside. So no. After 9pm no bathrooms are open

14. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Not last year for the 5. They had everyone line up on level 3 of the parking structure outside the food court. I was there.

I just called the store and woman told me there is already a line forming at that same spot. It wasn't very long yet. I asked if they expected to have the same inventory as they did for the 5 (which was plenty) and she said they wouldn't know until much later or in the morning.

15. enthawizeguy macrumors 6502

There is no way they don't have them yet. I called 3 times one person said theres probably not any 64. The others said they aren't in stock yet.

----------

My friends friend works there and said there will be plenty and to come at 6am.

16. cmjars thread starter macrumors 6502

I talked to Security twice and the Apple Store and the line will start after 9pm tonight on 3rd level outside food court to the left. They said they will have a security guard posted there.

----------

I was told they will have a good supply 5s but very few Gold or Silver.

17. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

18. enthawizeguy macrumors 6502

Any updates yet ? Have they come out yet and told you what they have like other stores ? How's the line ?

19. cmjars thread starter macrumors 6502

I am going in the morning right before 6am.

20. Seanisbomb macrumors newbie

21. cmjars thread starter macrumors 6502

Can you take a picture?

----------

Where did line end up being?

22. Seanisbomb macrumors newbie

http://chattypics.com/files/iPhoneUpload_ed3skyedcy.jpg

By the food court. Apple store employee polled the line and said only space gray would be left for me if I stayed. Don't bother showing up if you want silver or gold.

23. cmjars thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you. I want gold so I won't be coming :(

24. cmjars thread starter macrumors 6502