iPhone 5s - 9/20 - Edison, NJ (Menlo Park Mall)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by twobert, Sep 18, 2013.

1. twobert macrumors newbie

Is any one planning on lining up for the iPhone at the Menlo Park Mall? I'm thinking about doing an overnight thing -- mostly because circumstances make it difficult for me to arrive later. If not, does anyone have experience with lining up at MenloPark for past iPhone Launches?

2. nioted macrumors regular

I'm planning to be there around 5am, but I just read some bad news about very low stock on gold iPhones so I'm contemplating on ordering it online now. Last time I was there was for the 3GS. I lined up outside AT&T he side entrance near the food court. I out fast but that was because AT&T let you reserve it online.

3. twobert thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, the gold iPhone supply looks to be pretty dismal. That's also the one I'm after, though willing to settle for silver. I'm thinking that I'm just gonna get there around midnight and see how things pan out. Good to know about the entrance, though; that one does seem to make the most sense. Do you know if they've allowed people to line up in the early morning for previous launches?

4. nioted macrumors regular

The mall security let you wait outside, they never bothered anyone with that.

----------

*UPDATE*

Just called mall security and they said the official line will start at the "Champs" restaurant entrance on the second floor parking deck (right next to Chipotles). I'm hoping to be there around 5-5:30. I read another post reciting Apple wanted to sell more iPhones through the Apple store instead of other retailers so maybe they're hoarding all the gold iphones at the Apple store. I really want the gold but if I had to I might settle for silver.

5. twobert thread starter macrumors newbie

Seems likely that Apple will have the most stock out of anyone, so hopefully that's how it'll play out. Thanks for the info! Really helpful.

6. nioted macrumors regular

I got on line at 4:30, there's about 30-40 people on line, this sucks! I didn't think there would be more than 10 people here at this hour : (