iPhone 5s - Altamonte Springs, FL (Orlando)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Fluidmusic00, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Fluidmusic00 macrumors member

Anyone picking up an iPhone 5s (5c) Friday morning at the Altamonte Springs mall?

2. XxWestinxX macrumors member

I may... its between altamonte or florida mall. Any experience with the altamonte mall?

3. Fluidmusic00 thread starter macrumors member

I was there for the iPhone 4s and iPad 2 launch. Both were fairly orderly. You can't get on the property till 6am, and the entrance is near the Elephant Bar and Sears. I wasn't there for the iPhone 4 launch, but it was a mess. People came earlier than 6am and the police had to intervene. There was much more security at the 4s launch.

4. ShellyFM macrumors regular

I was there for the iPad launch last year. I think I arrived around 7am. It was pretty well organized. I've been to launches at other Apple stores in the past, and it seems like the experience all depends on how well mall security plans ahead.

5. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

I've been there three times. The worst was the iPhone 4 launch. Got there at 7am, and finally got my phone at 1:30-2:00pm. I'm heading there again at 7am. Had really good luck at this store, don't want to have to figure out where to wait at.

----------

Curious? Anyone trading in their old phone? I was looking up the prices on Apple's website, and they seem fair. I usually sell my on Craig's list, but I think I'm going to skip it this year.

6. Yeddy911 macrumors newbie

Security is ready

I am. I called Altamonte Mall Security, and the Apple Store about info. The mall will have Altamonte Springs PD there to make sure no one lines up before 6am which is when doors will open to the mall. Apple opens at 8. They are expecting a serious amount of people, and have 3-4x the amount of security and police there. If you get there before 6am and try to line up, you will have an officer there who will ask you to leave the property until 6. This was according to the people I spoke with. They are really organized this year. It is a new Manager at the Mall Security who seems really on the ball. The entrance is by the Elephant Bar entrance.

7. Fluidmusic00 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the report. Yeah, I got there before 6am for the 4s launch and they told me to leave. So getting there earlier than 6am is a waste of time (and good sleep).

8. hisboyelroy macrumors member

hisboyelroy

Thanks for the information about this. I'm still deciding which Apple Store to go to. At the Altamonte Mall, if you don't "line up" before 6:00 a.m. where do you wait. Are people allowed to wait in their cars in the parking lot, then make a mad dash for it at 6:00 a.m.? Or, are you not even allowed to enter the parking lot until 6:00 a.m.?

9. Fluidmusic00 thread starter macrumors member

You have to park outside of the mall parking lot and then make a mad dash around 6am. I really wish they would just allow people to line up in a designated area earlier. If Florida Mall allows you to line up earlier, I'd suggest that.

10. Ronnie Lama macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info guys. My brother and I were getting ready to be there early in the morning. We appreciate it!

11. Blakey. macrumors member

Just drove by the mall to check and there is a sign saying no parking until 6 AM.

12. phibart macrumors newbie

Arrived 6am on dot (when parking opened up). About 80 people in front of me. They are now bringing us inside the mall in groups of 15. Estimate an additional 100 more folks behind me.

13. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

I'm at altamonte now. Number 51 in line if I counted right as I walked in. A bit of chaos for a few minutes this morning, but nothing too bad. I think there's about 150-200 in line right now.

14. cagalindo macrumors newbie

I'm about 30th in line, theres definitely a few hundred here. Don't come now, hah.

I hope they have T-Mobile contract free for $650... should've called ahead.

15. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

I think we're around 250-300 in line now. I haven't heard any word about stock or seen anyone handing out tickets yet.

16. cagalindo macrumors newbie

They are giving tickets now.

No info on stock numbers.

17. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

We were just told there is no gold here in altamonte. He said he doesn't think they got any gold phones at all.

18. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

And no silver either. At least for ATT. I'm not sure about other carriers.