iPhone 5S and 5C annonced by China Telecom

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ionjohn, Sep 5, 2013.

1. hagr182 macrumors regular

Tell that to apple! hahaha
    But is it just me or their iPhone 5Cs look too shiny, almost as if instead of plastic its metal?

Look at the picture of the olive green iPhone, to me its metal, or at least looks like it. Unless they have more colors for the 5S, I doubt this is real or the 5C. Time will tell

----------

nevermind, I just saw its a mixed page for both 5C and 5S, though I see no illustration of the 5C

2. verpeiler macrumors 6502a

verpeiler

This is forged... the 5C doesn't look like the 5 (or 5S) with a split backplate and so on --> fake.

3. ionjohn thread starter macrumors 65816

ionjohn

I think the annoncement is real but obviously the pictures are fake, apple give them pictures, they don't make them so they just took some fake pictures until sept 10

4. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

5. SoIsays macrumors regular

Let's all hope that these pics are real. I would get an all blue iPhone 5S.

6. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Yes the blue looks incredible

7. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

I don't know what the point would be. Most will be in ugly cases so as not to damage the precious.

8. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Those look awful imo, I hope black/slate is still available

9. Wormald macrumors regular

I think it would make sense for them to offer the 5S in the variety of colours the 5C will likely come in.

If they don't, someone who is fixed on having, let's say, a green phone, and really wants an iPhone, won't consider the (more profitable) 5S as an option - thus Apple cannibalising their own profits not just for price considerations, but on 'style' because the 5C has more options to offer that the 5S doesn't.

That being said, they've done well to keep it under wraps if their are several 5S colours coming... although the champagne 5S leak might be part a small part of something wider!

10. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

I would be literally the happiest human being if there was a blue iPhone 5S which would imply a future blue iPhone 6 :) I don't understand, truly, why so many people are quick to bash colorized iPhone 5 designs as "ugly" or "terrible" .. it's just an iPod touch-esque iPhone and everyone praises the most recent iPod touch design overhaul..

11. ARSC macrumors 6502

12. duo278 macrumors newbie

Hmm. I don't think they actually know what's going on. Based on the Chinese characters, they are saying the new iPhone will have fingerprint scanner, NFC, larger screen (?), A7 chip (made by Intel)(?), and LTE-A. It looks more like they are just saying whatever the rumors are saying plus some of random stuff like Intel made A7, which is probably not true...

13. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev