iPhone 5s and Siri

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Angelo921, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Angelo921 macrumors 6502

Is anyone else having this problem?

I have settings for Siri "allow access when locked" set to off however when my phone is locked I can still hold on the home button and Siri comes up and I ask Siri to take me to my email and it takes me there without having to unlock the phone with my fingerprint or passcode. At that point I can minimize my email and have access to the whole phone.

I have already updated to IOS 7.02 which is showed that it prevented someone from accesing the lock screen passcode.

thanks
    Angelo

2. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

Strange.. Just tried it, and it prompted me to enter my password.

Attached Files:

3. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Same here! Not a big deal to me but yes, they should fix this!!

4. matttye macrumors 601

5. matttye macrumors 601

Just wanted to add a more in-depth response...

The initial holding of the home button to activate Siri actually scans your fingerprint. There's no point in holding down the home button to activate Siri, then having to scan your fingerprint afterwards.. that's just an extra step.

Apple made it as user friendly as possible. If you hold it using a registered finger, Siri will work as though the phone was unlocked. If you hold it using an unregistered finger, it won't work.

In short: there's nothing to worry about, and absolutely no reason why you should enable Siri when locked if you use touch ID!

6. Angelo921 thread starter macrumors 6502

very good point. i didnt notice that it wont work with an unregistered finger. Good job Apple..

thanks
    Angelo