iPhone 5s battery meter gets stuck at 1-2%

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Quad5Ny, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Quad5Ny, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013

Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

EDIT: 2% lasted 27 hours, most of the time in standby. If only every 2% lasted that long then the iPhone 5s would have 56 days of standby! :rolleyes:

---

Does anyone else's battery percentage drop a bit too quickly and then get stuck at 1-2% for hours? (right now my phones been at 1 & 2 % for 18 hours)

I've done 3 full drain/charge cycles to calibrate the min/max voltage and drain curve, but so far it hasn't helped at all.

I really don't want a refurb, so please guys tell me this is a problem with iOS 7 :p.

2. noobinator macrumors 601

Give it time. It will calibrate on it's own. Batteries are smart now.

3. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I would say just use your phone and do not worry about the battery. You likely have done more harm than good after three discharges.

Just relax and try to enjoy your phone!

4. farmD macrumors member

iPhone 5s battery meter gets stuck at 1-2%

As long as it gives you an entire day of use, that's all that should matter. I do want to tell you that mine gets stuck on 1% for awhile too. But getting stuck at it for 18 hours is questionable. If it bothers you, just go in and get it checked.

5. Quad5Ny thread starter macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

The battery cell is fine, I get the rated time out of each charge (around 8-10 hours of use). Not knowing how much time I actually have left before the phone dies is what's annoying.

I think the problem is just the chip in the battery that reports back to the OS the voltage, current draw and keeps track of the battery percentage.

I'm still on 1% after sending/receiving about 15 texts and checking email. 21 hours :confused:

I didn't do them in a row. :p And even if I did, the current Li-Ion tech is pretty robust these days.

And I love my phone... well except for the new dock in iOS 7, that thing annoys the hell out of me (its so hard to find a wallpaper that looks good with it!)