Iphone 5s battery thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Knockoutjosie, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Knockoutjosie macrumors 6502

Knockoutjosie

I have seen many threads about batteries but not one topic about the battery life of an iphone 5s. im calibrating my iphone right now and will be giving update how the phone last.

2. wxman2003 Suspended

Had a bizarre quirk on my iphone 5 with ios 7. Was at 57% on my battery, rebooted, and it was at 35%.

3. Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

I'll chime in. Purchased my 5s space grey 64gb Friday morning and I must say that the battery on the 5s is far superior to my 4s. My 4s was dead by noon on a daily basis and the 5s lasted me till about 5pm today.
    That's a significant difference for me. I will still be getting a charger case though :). It's a MUST for any phone IMO .....

4. StevenS2k5 macrumors newbie

I took mine off the charger around 10 pm yesterday and I put it back on around 9 pm tonight. 23 hours standby with almost 7 hours of reported usage. I am very happy with this coming from a Razr HD which would last a day or two easily!

5. Kabir8 macrumors regular

Battery is holding up a bit better than my 4S

Had it fully charged at 7:30pm -- used it, made calls, made many texts, browsed many a website, used the GPS for driving around, had bluetooth on as well. Took photos, played in burst mode, watched youtube videos, watched instagram videos, listened to a podcast and 5 hours later I'm at 36%

I feel like I would be at 20% or under with my 4S with that type of usage.

6. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

Did it reboot by itself? My 5 did that for a while. I took it to the genius and was told it was a defective battery. They ended up replacing my battery.

7. wxman2003 Suspended

I manually rebooted. First time it happened like that and was with ios 7. Guessing ios 7 needed to recalibrate battery.

8. tgwaste macrumors 6502a

tgwaste

My battery experiences have been good while on wifi but if it has to do a lot of 4g -> 3g -> wifi search then the battery isnt holding up very well.