iPhone 5s "Blows Everything Away"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Velin, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Gizmodo iPhone 5s

2. Advil macrumors 6502a

3. silver8ack macrumors regular

This is why I buy apple products. The stuff works and works well. They don't shove numbers or features down your throat. They just do what they do pretty darn well. If you don't like it, buy a spec monster and lead a life of frustration and envy.

4. MRSucks, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  5. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Not sure why the "lol" since Gizmodo was the one who had the balls to bring us the iPhone 4 leak, regardless of the consequences. I have nothing but respect for them personally.

6. HishamAkhtar macrumors 6502a

I don't get it. Is Gizmodo suggesting all Android OEM's are lying? Or producing quad core phones but under-utilizing them to preserve battery life?

The 5s sounds impressive but I think it's performance is being a little exaggerated. That said, Apple has really stepped up iOS's pure computing power since they starting designing their own SoC.

7. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Gotta love all the pissing matches... as an iOS and Android user myself, I don't have to defend any of my purchases or pick sides. However, it does make sense that Apple puts some major processing power in this phone since it has to last a full year before it gets replaced. Just wait a month or two when the next latest Android phone comes out that beats the iPhone 5S is the benchmarks. Then all the Android fans will be the first to pat themselves on the back.

In reality, I think it's becoming more clear that none of that really matters. What matters is how your phone actually performs for the tasks you need it to do. Even when the Android phones beat Apple with raw specs, the iPhone still feels more responsive. What Android has not yet been able to match is the quick touch response time that Apple achieves on the iPhone. When you touch something on the iPhone or scroll with your finger, it responds more rapidly that anything on Android (though Android has definitely improved in this area).

Right now, I'm rocking a Moto X on AT&T and an iPhone 5 on VZW (soon to be iPhone 5S). I feel these are the best Smartphones out there in terms of user experience. I don't care that there's faster Android phones out there in raw specs - the Moto X just has the best performance -> user experience IMO.

I would recommend a Moto X or iPhone to anyone out there looking for the best of the best in terms of user experience.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Gizmodo is just about the last resource I would go to for true, unbiased Apple information. LolGizmodo" was probably meant to signify this.

Not saying they are wrong. But they also haven't really said a bad thing about Apple. And there are plenty of things to be said.

9. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

So basically, the only thing is TouchID and a camera.

10. Velin thread starter macrumors 65816

Velin

11. megapopular macrumors 6502a

I don't think they anticipated any consequences and I think they regret it each year as they have to quasi blog since they're shunned from some of the biggest tech announcements year after year after year.