iPhone 5S - Briarwood or Twelve Oaks? (SE Michigan)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by sparrow12, Sep 15, 2013.

1. sparrow12 macrumors newbie

I am strongly considering "camping out" for the 5S, but am wondering if anyone can provide any insight as to which Apple store I might have better luck at?

I say "camping out" in quotations because I am not willing to wait super long while physically outdoors given the likelihood that it will be freezing outside.

If anyone has experience with either of these malls, could you tell me whether they have allowed people to wait indoors in the past?

If only one mall does allow indoor lines then that may sway my decision since I will be able to show up a lot earlier. If I have to wait outside, I will likely be planning on showing up around 4:00-5:00am Friday. If indoors-- I may go as early as 10:00pm on Thursday.

What time do you plan on getting in line?

I'm looking for either a 32gb or 64gb silver model--do I stand a good chance of getting this if I show up at either of these times? I'm really worried about the crowds, given the lack of pre-order option...:confused:

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I can't speak for those two locations, but I can speak to the Apple Store at Partridge Creek in Clinton Township. I stood in line for the 3GS at the time. I arrived about 10 minutes before the store opened and only had to wait about 15 minutes before I made it inside and bought the phone.

3. sparrow12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, that's good news, I guess. I've just found this blog post, though, from somebody who waited at Briarwood for the iPhone 5...it has made me quite nervous. :eek:

Unfortunately, I am limited in which malls are accessible to me since I don't have a car. (I am a U-Mich student.)

Briarwood is easier for me to get to, but the possibility of waiting indoors at Twelve Oaks is looking attractive enough to pay for a taxi... ;)

4. sparrow12 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know that noone else has replied-- but I figure I'll post this in case someone is wondering.

I spoke with security at Briarwood asking them how they were planning on handling Apple customers. They said that they would not be allowing people to line up prior to 6:00am, and that people should go to the door between Macy's and JCPenney by the Panda Express. Mall doors open at 6:00am.

5. iErick macrumors member

6. iErick macrumors member

Briarwood isn't bad. Got here at 3am. 36 people in front of me....about 50 or so behind me