iPhone 5S/C Launch Houston,TX (All Stores)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by rodolfo52, Sep 15, 2013.

1. rodolfo52 macrumors newbie

did anyone pre order the 5c? Anyone planning on Camping out?
    What time and day!
    Ill most likely be hitting up the Highland Village Store

2. iPhone5s5c macrumors member

Yes, I plan on going to the Baybrook store. I am thinking that I will get there a 4 am on the 20th. Think that will be okay?

3. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I wil prolly go whenever I wake up (willowbrook mall) since I will most likely order it the same night online. So if I can't get none at the store for sure I know they will be shipped. :D

Ps: 2 gold 5s here.

4. Jimbo Asprilla macrumors regular

Jimbo Asprilla

I was thinking of going to Baybrook also, I wonder how many people will be there at that time, although according to the website, Baybrook doesn't open until 10am.....

5. iPhone5s5c macrumors member

I have confirmed that they are opening at 8 am on the 20th. I am thinking that I will get there at 4am. What time are you going to get there?

6. Jimbo Asprilla macrumors regular

Jimbo Asprilla

I'm not sure yet, I might come down at 4am and see what the line is like

7. jboy05 macrumors newbie

I'll order online but will stop by Highland Village or Galleria if lines aren't too bad. At what time are you getting there?

Keep us posted!

8. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

I'm not one for camping out for these things but thought I'd log in and see what everyone believes the best strategy is for snagging a 5S - going to carrier store, Best Buy, Apple Store, online, or...?

I was considering hitting up the Apple Store in Highland Village about an hour before they open but lack the patience to wait much longer than that. They will probably have the largest supply but will also have the largest turnout. Decisions, decisions...

9. iPhone5s5c macrumors member

If you really want to get one I would go to an Apple Store. Last year for the 5 launch in Highland Village people started lining up the day before. I would try to be there as early as possible. I think there will be a shortage on launch day and the weeks following it. Good luck.

10. Jimbo Asprilla macrumors regular

Jimbo Asprilla

I was thinking about Highland Village as I work in the Med Center, but I think I need to get in line early and I live nearer to Baybrook so I think that's what I'll do, but do you think like AT&T stores will have them on Friday or exclusively Apple Stores?

11. iPhone5s5c macrumors member

AT&T will have mostly 16 GB. With the shortage of stock I would go to an Apple Store. I spoke to someone at the Apple Store in Baybrook and he said they should get a lot of stock in for Friday. I hope that is correct. What time are you going to get there?

12. Jimbo Asprilla macrumors regular

Jimbo Asprilla

I might try and be there for 4am, if theres no line i might just wait in my car, i'll be passing a couple of AT&T stores on the way so i'll be taking note of lines.

13. Lindberg macrumors regular

Hi! Im planning to join the line around 6 am on Friday at Highland Village.

What do you think the chances are for me to get my hands on the 64 gb version of the black 5s?

14. klb028 macrumors 6502

Is anyone going to camp out at the First Colony Mall location? Has anyone ever camped out there before?

15. rodolfo52 thread starter macrumors newbie

The 64GB are usually in stock because most people go for the 16gb

16. iPhone5s5c macrumors member

I called Baybrook mall today and they told me what door to line up at. I then called the Apple Store and they told me a different door. Who should I believe?

17. klb028 macrumors 6502

Good question... I was told by an Apple Store employee at First Colony Mall that they will open at 8 AM, but I didn't even think to ask where we could line up at.

18. Lindberg macrumors regular

The weather forecast for tomorrow morning seems to be with quite a bit of rain.

Im considering lining at the Galleria store instead, but don't you think the supplies at Galleria are much more limited than Highland Village?

19. Munky macrumors 6502

not sure but i just drove by highland village...8 people in line, 2 of them in tents.

20. klb028 macrumors 6502

WOW! I was not expecting that already!

21. Munky macrumors 6502

I'm sure of all the stores in Houston that they will have the largest stock. I think it's the largest apple store in Houston.

22. klb028 macrumors 6502

True. Are you camping out there later or heading to another store?

23. Fliphop macrumors newbie

Anybody checked how the line process is like or already waited before at the Willowbrook Mall Location?

24. Munky macrumors 6502

Can't get there till later, but it's the closest one to my work, which I have to be at 8:30 tomorrow, so it's the only option for me

25. Munky macrumors 6502

I'm at the Highland Village store and it was absolutely monsooning about 30 minutes ago. There are 12ish people in line and they are preparing for hundreds.