iPhone 5S/C - Seattle, WA - Alderwood R100

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by alexglee, Sep 16, 2013.

1. alexglee macrumors regular

alexglee

Is anyone going to the Alderwood store (R100) for the launch? It's closer for us, but we were wanting to not wait alone. More people = more fun!

2. brianld macrumors member

brianld

Was thinking of heading there on Friday morning. Trying to decide how early to get there. If I recall, a couple of years ago some people tried to camp out overnight and were turned away by mall security.

3. alexglee thread starter macrumors regular

alexglee

Really? That's hard to believe since the store is outside, but this is also not a good thing. Maybe Uvillage is better? Free wifi would be great haha. Were there many people by 6am? Did you line up last time?

4. elementskins macrumors member

elementskins

Was thinking of heading down to Seattle and was considering the Alderwood store, but heard that mall security has been a bit hard in the past.

Does anyone remember how busy it was last year for iPhone 5?

5. alexglee thread starter macrumors regular

alexglee

My boyfriend and I will head down to Uvillage most likely. It'll be nice to meet local Seattle Apple enthusiasts. Do you know what time you will start lining up?

6. elementskins macrumors member

elementskins

If I head down, it will be around midnight I'm guessing. We're coming from Vancouver, Canada, so prepared for the night. Have to pick up my pre ordered iPhone 5C's in Blaine on the way home.

Was hoping we would be able to get ours through our Apple Business rep, but they still don't have any idea if they will be able to reserve any for their business clients.

7. alexglee thread starter macrumors regular

alexglee

What model are you getting? I'm in Vancouver now. I'll be going down too, but I'm not sure which store will have the 64GB gold one. That's the model that I want.

8. elementskins macrumors member

elementskins

We're heading down tonight. Going to get a hotel room close by so that at least one of us can get some sleep.

I'd be good with a Space Grey 32gb. Might pick up a Gold as well if one is available. Bought white and pink iPhone 5c's that are due to deliver in the morning in Blaine.

9. drmikey macrumors member

I will be meeting a friend at the Alderwood store tomorrow morning. Thinking of getting there 5-6am.

I only live a couple of miles away so it's convenient. I've always pre-ordered or reserved, so this will be a new experience.