iPhone 5S/C - Seattle, WA - Southcenter

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by alexglee, Sep 17, 2013.

1. alexglee macrumors regular

alexglee

2. Court tonic macrumors member

Court tonic

Yes!

I am, I'm hoping its inside again like last year!

3. brentbizzle macrumors newbie

I haven't lined up for the apple store at SC before. Any idea what time is a decent time to arrive?

4. Court tonic macrumors member

Court tonic

I went last year, at 4am. They had a rope line that held about 30 people and when I we got there we were the last ones in, everyone else had to line up at ambercrombie wall all the way down to nordstroms. But most didn't arrive till 6:30-7ish so from 4-7 after we got there it was dead, almost regretted going so early.

My friend who worked the release said every in line got phones though.

5. brentbizzle macrumors newbie

6. Court tonic macrumors member

Court tonic

On the back side by Macy's where it enters to the middle of the mall, they had an outside line, and security guards would let you inside, every like 5-10min they would check the doors. Then you go to the inside line.

I'm hoping its the same way this year, I don't want to wait outside.

7. brentbizzle macrumors newbie

Called the Apple store. Rep didn't know any specifics on how things were going to be handled on Fri, just that the mall would be open for the 8am release, and that while she's sure a line will form she didn't know how it would be organized.

8. Court tonic macrumors member

Court tonic

Good to know. I think it's easier to have it inside that way there is no chaos trying to move a line. It went smooth inside last year, most people just sleep. Around 7 they had everyone take there chairs, ect. Outside before hand so it wasn't in the way.

9. alexglee thread starter macrumors regular

alexglee

I'm more worried about the stock. I'd like to get a 64GB gold and a 32 space grey. Heard the gold ones are hard to come by.

10. Court tonic macrumors member

Court tonic

Agreed, it's scary not knowing how many will be stocked. I'm hoping its just a way to get more people to buy in stores. My friend who is working the release is going to text me if the line gets long otherwise I'm going at 3am.

11. alexglee thread starter macrumors regular

alexglee

It's looking more and more like UVillage being the store I'll be going to. It seems the easiest since the store is outside.

12. HellaFilthy macrumors member

I just hope we can sit and wait inside the mall, and not make us wait outside...

13. Court tonic macrumors member

Court tonic

Last year they didnt make us wait outside. The mall never really closes because of the movie theater. And it opens early because i remember at last years release around 6am these older gentleman were walking laps around the mall and the security guard said that they come in every day just to walk for exercise.