iPhone 5s Cincinnati, OH - Kenwood

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by lw9090, Sep 13, 2013.

1. lw9090 macrumors regular

Is anyone planning on going early AM on 20th? I heard they don't let you in the mall until 6am? Is that true?

2. tehBrad macrumors regular

I was thinking about heading down to Kenwood but I've heard the same as you where they don't allow camping or whatever, so I'm headed to my local verizon

3. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Guess Ill head for AT&T then.

4. 196josue macrumors regular

I went to the iPad 3rd gen release and I was able to be on mall property at 4 am (4th in line). We were able to line up then they let us in at 6 am to wait until the 8 am opening.

Just left the apple store earlier and they said to call on Wednesday to get specific details. It's usually up to the mall.

5. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

If I were to try to get there right when they opened, any idea on what my chances would be to pick one up? Or is it just too crazy on a release day? I don't really want to wake up at 4AM, but need a phone ASAP.

6. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

I went up at 530 for the iPhone 4 launch and we waited until 7 to get into the mall and then in line until 8. I had pre-orderd but was about 40th in line.

7. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

I'd ask my friend who is the store manager at Kenwood, but he'd say something like: "I can't speculate on that." Or, "if I say anything, i'll get fired." Or, "I can't tell you, it's against Apple policy."

He'd never tell me anything. Such the stickler. lol

8. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Which entrance?

Which mall entrance did you use while waiting for the mall to open?

----------

Kenwood road side, garage entrance closest to the Apple store or somewhere else?

9. Aaroninky macrumors newbie

I'm a first time iPhone buyer looking to go to Kenwood on Friday morning. Does Apple typically carry the carrier unlocked versions in store or is that something you generally have to buy online only? Thanks in advance.

Aaron

10. gSOLO macrumors member

gSOLO

I'm coming up from Kentucky. Got my 3G, 3GS and 4S there on launch day. Usually arrived a few minutes after 6 so haven't experienced how the pre mall open wait works. I usually parked near OshKosh I think, where the covered parking is. Looking at some videos and doing a few searches however, looks like we should be good to line up outside Cheesecake/Brooks. Not sure exactly how early I'll be there (it's a bit of a drive for me), but I'm thinking sometime between 4 and 5.

11. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

You trll them who your carrier is when yiu buy. When they pull up your account, the carrier already knows whether it should be inlocked or not. If its for VZW, it's already unlocked. If its on AT&T, it's carrier locked.

12. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

I use the kenwood entrance, right by cheesecake factory.

13. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Sounds like a plan. I agree about the Cheesecake entrance. Unlike the last launch day I went to at Kenwood Mall, I no longer live in Cincinnati. So, it will be a trek for me as well :eek:

----------

Sounds like a great choice to me. Thanks! :D

----------

Good question to which I have no definitive answer. I don't see why Apple wouldn't carry unlocked versions though.

14. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Time Check

Did anyone here go to the iPhone 5 launch @ Kenwood Mall? If so, what time did you go and when did the mall open for the last launch? This information would be particularly useful for those coming from out of town #

15. lw9090 thread starter macrumors regular

I just called Kenwood Mall and you can start lining up outside The CheeseCake Factory at 4am and be let in at 6am.

16. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Wow! Thanks :D

17. Aaroninky macrumors newbie

Thanks for the update! I'll still get there around 2:30-3 and sit in my car for a bit, hopefully they don't have restrictions on that.

18. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Im pretty sure the "Mall Police" will want you off the premise before 4. Last time I was up there for the 4s, I heard people that were there that early they made them leave so they went to McDonalds and waited until 4.

19. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Yep, sounds about right ;)

20. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

21. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Will you be wearing your "MacRumors" T shirt we all got from the Launch Meetups forum, so we can recognize each other? ;)

22. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

23. DmbShn41 macrumors 6502

24. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

I'll post when I get there I just work right down the road.

25. DmbShn41 macrumors 6502

Ton of cars in parking lot at mall, McDs is packed.