iPhone 5S- Clarendon, VA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by RiderXTC, Sep 19, 2013.

1. RiderXTC macrumors member

I am excited to report that I am the first in line. The store manager, regional manager, and many of the staff came out to greet me. They promised to take good care of me. Who is next? :)

Joe

2. pacdamac9 macrumors member

congrats....

did they say when they'll start letting people in tomorrow morning?

3. RiderXTC thread starter macrumors member

They are opening at 8:00 AM.

4. JW008 macrumors 6502

I may be, I'm going to try and get off work early today to make it down there. How many people are in line behind you now?

5. pugnut, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

pugnut macrumors 6502a

Free spot at the Clarendon apple store

Long story short- A friend paid for a spot holder that expected to be there around 12 and needs to leave no later than 4 am. Looking for a long time MR member that would like the slot- PM me. No cost to you.

Plans might change, but doubtful

Sorry all- was picked up in seconds---Thanks

6. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

Any employees let slip what kind of stock they expect to have?

7. NoCleverSNForMe macrumors regular

I popped by last night. I asked many; not one would give me any indication. I was planning on arriving around midnight tonight. I just want one 64GB...I don't care about color. Just a 64GB.

What time are other folks arriving? If one person's already in line, I may go earlier.

8. blhoward2, Sep 19, 2013

blhoward2 macrumors 6502

I'm not sure I'm willing to show up quite that early. I was thinking I'd check online to see how back the shipping delay is at 3 AM and then head over at 4-5 and check things out. I'm also cool with a 16 or 32 (AT&T) so hopefully the availability of those is better than the 64s.

I don't really need it on launch day that bad...

9. RiderXTC thread starter macrumors member

No one is saying what kind of inventory will be available. However, there is a limit of two 5Ses per person.

----------

It is 3:08 PM and there is no one else in line at the moment.

10. NoCleverSNForMe macrumors regular

Joe, are you a football fan? I'm thinking of bringing my MBA and watching the game using Apple's WiFi. Or I may come after the game around midnight, but either way - you'll see me tonight!

11. RiderXTC thread starter macrumors member

I am a football fan. I am looking forward to meeting you.

It is now 4:35 PM and still no one here filling the second spot.

12. NoCleverSNForMe macrumors regular

Out of curiosity, do you see any electrical outlets outside? ;)

13. RiderXTC thread starter macrumors member

No. There are no electrical outlets. The Apple store has been kind enough to allow me to use the outlets inside the store.

----------

I have it on very good authority that stock of the 5S is extremely limited in VA. Even more limited is the availability of the gold colored 5S. 5C devices are in abundance. I am at the Clarendon store now. Get here early.

14. JW008 macrumors 6502

Heading there soon. Do you mind giving a line update?

15. NoCleverSNForMe, Sep 19, 2013

NoCleverSNForMe macrumors regular

Hey guys, I won't be joining you at Clarendon. I went to the Ballston Verizon store this evening; they stated they have 9 64GB Space Grey models. I will be there tonight around 4 or 5am.

Sorry I won't be able to meet you! Good luck over there!

16. RiderXTC thread starter macrumors member

There are about six of us in line at the moment.

17. RiderXTC thread starter macrumors member

Extreme Shortages

An Apple employee just came out and asked everyone in line which color, carrier, and size they desired. After getting to the third person, there are no more gold/white or silver/white in any size for any carrier.

This means a total of 3 or 4 white models altogether. WOW!

I am so glad I got here at 10:30 AM and first in line. I am getting two of the three gold phones. :)

Black seems to be the only model in abundance.

18. ooglek macrumors newbie

Dang! Guess I'll order online.

Thanks for the headsup all, especially the reports in the field RiderXTC! I'm looking for a 64GB Gold and a 32GB Black on Verizon. Looks like I'm better off ordering off Verizon's or Apple's website than waiting in line.

Good luck in the morning! Take some photos with your new 5S so we can be blown away. :D

Anyone waiting at the Apple Store in Tysons?

19. evan3168 macrumors newbie

Looks like most stores nationwide are going to be lacking gold and silver options. Another forum poster said the manager in Georgetown gave equally sad numbers: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=17948538&postcount=24

Thanks for the update RiderXTC! I was thinking of waiting in line at Reston, but looks like ordering online is the way to go unless I want to start my wait now (which I don't!).

20. pauliob macrumors newbie

Clarendon Apple Store - line?

How is the line looking now - around 1am ET Friday morning? thinking of heading over...

Thanks.

21. pugnut macrumors 6502a

About 30 people. I would come sooner than later. Seems they are short stock on some items. I am in position#2

22. RiderXTC thread starter macrumors member

Not Bad

I would guess there are about 30 or so people in line at this point. Keep in mind that there are no white phones at all. Black and space gray only.

23. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

Apple Store is up and reporting 1-3 business days for all models except unlocked, which says 7-10.

24. pauliob macrumors newbie

Line in Clarendon - updates

Thanks for the updates - and the note about colors. Just hoping for a black 64GB 5s. But online, Apple and Verizon are both requiring me to give up my unlimited data. Cannot pay full price. I think I may have to come to store and pay full price - otherwise I have to choose a new dataplan.

That said...how long is the line at 3:20am ET?

25. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

Really? Apple didn't even ask me what plan I wanted for AT&T.