iPhone 5s, Columbia, MD (Columbia Mall)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by CodeSpyder, Sep 13, 2013.

1. CodeSpyder, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013

CodeSpyder macrumors 6502a

CodeSpyder

Who's going for the iPhone 5s and what time will you be there?

2. whateverandever macrumors 6502a

I'll be there. Probably 4:00am-4:30am. Depends on how cold the morning is going to be since they usually don't let people inside until 6-6:30.

3. CalebH92 macrumors newbie

I assume this is for Columbia Mall? I'm debating if I should go to the store or just do it online. I've never gotten the phone on release day, but I've got an upgrade available on my Sprint account and have had the 4S for some time. If I go to the store, what time would you recommend people arrive?

4. CodeSpyder thread starter macrumors 6502a

CodeSpyder

Yes, for Columbia Mall.
    This one has been a hard read. Unfortunately for me, I was in the Columbia Mall line for the iPad that ran out of AT&T iPads just when I was next. I hope Apple goes along the line Friday and takes "preorders" to insure that nobody waits unnecessarily. I'm doing a cross upgrade, so I can't order it online. I have to be in a store, either Apple or AT&T.

5. whateverandever macrumors 6502a

I'd say no later than 7am. If you want your first choice of size/color in the 5S, I'd say 5:30am.

----------

For the past few launches they've had reservation cards. They start usually around 7am walking down the line asking people what they want and they're handed a card that you then exchange for the product when you get in the store.

They're pretty good about keeping a few extras that aren't reserved by cards so that if you change your mind you can swap out when you get in if there are any available.

6. iJason87 macrumors regular

Going around 11 PM. I'm worried due to the fact I have been reading black may be the only color option and that's not what I want. Anyone else read this? Has anyone called the store to see if they are giving out there inventory info?

7. CodeSpyder thread starter macrumors 6502a

CodeSpyder

I've heard stories that the carriers only have black, but nobody has said that the Apple stores only have black.

8. iJason87 macrumors regular

Good to know thanks. Think 64GB will be in short supply?

9. Blazer5913 macrumors 6502

Anybody have any more updates/details on this? I am debating between Columbia, Towson Town Mall, and some random AT&T stores. Except all the ATT stores I've called said black only, and I kinda want a white. And the Towson mall has a really bogus waiting policy in only allowing a line at 6am (so before that, there will be absolute chaos). Anyone know the policy for this store? Thanks

10. nique-star macrumors newbie

I am thinking like 7 or so. What entrance of the mall will the line form?

11. whateverandever macrumors 6502a

The mall opens around 6, so if you show at 7 the line will already be inside so it won't matter what entrance you take. The "official" pre-6am line forms on the bridge from the parking garage to the entrance closest to the Apple Store.

----------

Has been in the past.

12. nique-star macrumors newbie

13. whateverandever macrumors 6502a

They are kicking people out this year if you show up before 6. Just got there and was told we had to go. Bummer!

14. CodeSpyder, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013

CodeSpyder thread starter macrumors 6502a

CodeSpyder

Interesting. I had gotten the word from calling Mall security that it would be ok to come early , but the Apple store person had it right, I guess.

15. CodeSpyder thread starter macrumors 6502a

CodeSpyder

They're still kicking people out who try to get into the Pine garage.

16. pmm1221 macrumors newbie

pmm1221

17. CodeSpyder thread starter macrumors 6502a

CodeSpyder

I'm here at Pine garage. Security put us down stairs. We're at the bottom of the stairs.

18. CodeSpyder, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013

CodeSpyder thread starter macrumors 6502a

CodeSpyder

In line in the building. There's about 26 ahead of me.

19. CodeSpyder thread starter macrumors 6502a

CodeSpyder

I've seen way bigger lines. I'd say there is about 150 people or so.

20. CodeSpyder thread starter macrumors 6502a

CodeSpyder

Wow! I was about 30th in line and they ran out of all gold and all AT&T silver before it was my turn. So, I'm rockin ' a 64 gb Space Gray iPhone 5s.

21. whateverandever macrumors 6502a

I was probably a few spots behind you. Got to the downstairs line around 5:30am as well. I ended up with a 16GB space gray and bought a T-mobile version in white for my wife (last one!). The Apple people seemed to be not allowed to say that they were unlocked (kept dancing around it) but if you buy a T-Mobile iPhone from the Apple Store it's unlocked. Popped my wife's AT&T SIM in and it went fine.