iPhone 5s finger print sensor not working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MikeNaks, Oct 3, 2013.

1. MikeNaks macrumors newbie

If you go in settings>restrictions>Require password
    And change it from 15 minutes to immediately. In the app store the touch id is not going to work. Also you would have to put your password, even for updates.

2. edhchoe macrumors 6502

3. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

That's how my phone is set up and it works perfectly fine.

4. ngocnguyen macrumors member

If you just washed your hands and your hands are slightly damp...or even sweaty fingers, it will not recognize immediately..takes several attempts or just removing your finger and trying again.

I've had several attempts where my 5S wouldn't recognize my print 3 attempts in a row so I had to input my password manually.

5. kevpan815 macrumors 6502

You do realize that Security Experts have already found flaws in Apple's Finger Print Security Technology and they recommend that you use the old fashioned 4 digit pass code to unlock your IPhone 5S don't you? Saw it on the 10 o'clock local news a few weeks ago here in Chicago on CBS 2 Chicago Local News.

6. Fission macrumors regular

The flaws are so elaborate that they might as well NOT be flaws...

7. Spacial macrumors 6502

The fingerprint sensor was a smart move. It's this years Siri. Throngs of Apple enthusiasts love the bragging rights they get from this. It's a well practiced technique that works every time. Even if Apple wasn't the first to have it, the company will convince their followers it's better than any other.

8. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Are you certain you have fingerprint for iTunes turned on. Because it isn't just the time needed for the password. There's a specific toggle that needs to be activated. Otherwise you are just asking for being asked for your password all the time.

Also keep in mind that if you reboot your device or go more than a set period (I believe it's 48 hours general use and 24 for the store) you will be asked again.