iphone 5s from the states ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sturgeon boy, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Sturgeon boy macrumors member

Sturgeon boy

anyone brought a 5s back from the states yet and more importantly does it work here in the uk as the apple store in florida has said there all locked to Tmobile usa

2. tylerwatt12 macrumors regular

If you buy them for full price, you should have no problem using a SIM from any worldwide GSM carrier. Oh, except the Sprint versions.
    The Apple support people are told to tell customers it's locked to T-Mobile, but it's really just unlocked.

3. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

like the guy above me said, Apple store employees are instructed to say the Tmobile version is locked to Tmobile, despite every indication to the contrary. I mean i just wanna walk in there one day, buy a Tmobile 5S and pop in another Nano-SIM and show them...but lol :) thats too weird

You can also buy a Verizon iPhone 5S Device Only or AT&T iPhone 5S Device Only and they will be unlocked too.

4. Sturgeon boy thread starter macrumors member

Sturgeon boy

cheers for the replys all ive got to do is hope they get some in the stores in the next fortnight

5. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

6. Sturgeon boy thread starter macrumors member

Sturgeon boy

ive had Iphones and ipads from the states before and uk apple stores have been ok with problems fixing them without question i was told by apple their products have a worldwide warranty

7. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Yeah that quote linked above you doesn't mean squat.... I'm sure the person you talked to knew more than the legal page on apple.com.

8. srsub3 macrumors 6502

srsub3

warranty on iphone is only inside the country you bought it..... this is what they say online.

9. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

Since the UK iPhone model is different from the US iPhone model, there will be no warranty help in the UK for it.

Apple products warranties do transfer worldwide (i had a macbook serviced in AU) but thats because its the same model sold in that country too. iPhones are the exception. It would be unrealistic for stores to stock replacements from foreign countries.