iPhone 5S full retail price for AT&T premier accounts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mo0620, Sep 28, 2013.

1. mo0620 macrumors regular

Hi, I have AT&T with 10 lines and a FAN discount. When I purchased my 32gb 5s at the retail AT&T store for full. Price without extending my contract on one of my lines it rang up for $640 rather than $750. Also my cousin has a FAN discount on his At&t lines and purchased 2 x iPhone 5c for full price at $440 rather than $550. This pricing only appears when you make the purchase in the store. Online it shows the full retail price. Has anyone had a similar experience with their AT&T account or premier At&t accounts?

2. blarivee macrumors 6502

It could be specific to your FAN organization. AT&T have specific deals with different organization.

3. flipdippy macrumors newbie

I think this is sortof an error resulting from the early iPhone 5 upgrade option.

I opened an account in June using my employer's FAN, and even though I'd purchased a 5 for my wife, in late August she got the "hey if you want to upgrade early you can buy a discounted iPhone".

Obviously there was no need to do so, but now when I check upgrade eligibility I can purchase her a discounted 5S with no contract renewal (or any other device) and somehow she is upgrade eligible in April 2014 despite that being about 10 months into her 24 month contract.

I added 2 other lines recently - one for my mother in late August for a 5 and myself last week for a 5S, and when I try to purchase a 5S with no contract through my FAN website the price for those lines is full MSRP.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Interesting. Will have to see if others can repeat this

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I have you feeling what you got was Early Upgrade pricing, not No Commitment Pricing. Definitely call and get this checked out.

On one hand, you paid less for your phone, but on the other hand, you probably got your contract renewed.

6. mo0620 thread starter macrumors regular

I just made sure it did not renew contract. Even the salesperson was kind of surprised when if rang up this way. I'll take picture of receipt when I get the chance. But weird thing online it shows the full retail price without discounts.

7. monkey28rb macrumors 6502

It has nothing to do with being a premier account.. The rep did not know what he was doing or he did not care and sold it out to you at the next retail price.. How do I know this? I am a rep.

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

interesting, can you elaborate? Next retail price is lower? So if you pay for the phone ahead of time you save money and you don't pay the monthly device fee?

9. monkey28rb macrumors 6502

By default the phones ring out at the Next retail price (The price you would pay over 20 months). We are supposed to mark it up to full retail if someone buys it w/o contract.

10. kramjam macrumors 6502

kramjam

Sounds like the rep sold you the device at the retail price of the phone on AT&T Next.. not sure how he managed to do that. Next retail is lower to keep the device monthly payment lower

11. mo0620 thread starter macrumors regular

Ahh interesting. Makes sense, guess it just depends on the rep that rings you up.

12. mo0620 thread starter macrumors regular

by the way, has anyone else been able to replicate this deal for those looking to purchase without contract?