iPhone 5s Gaming

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macbookman83, Sep 28, 2013.

1. macbookman83 macrumors 6502

Other than infinity blade 3 are there any games specifically geared towards the 5s?i camt really tell the difference in performance against my 5 and wanted something that displayed its power

2. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

3. iLuvMyMacToo macrumors regular

It doesn't support iOS7 so it's not for the iPhone 5S

Attached Files:

4. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

That's odd.

It plays fine on my 5s with the latest update.

5. iLuvMyMacToo macrumors regular

Great considering it hasn't been updated since July, I'm just pointing out what the Developers themselves have highlighted on the App Store.

6. Dascoyne, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013

Dascoyne macrumors 6502

Hmm. You made me double check the App Store and it still says it's not iOS 7 compatible alright. Maybe I was just lucky.

I will say it's a pretty impressive port, though. I've unlocked all the characters.

Here's a cap I just took.

[​IMG]

7. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Compatible doesn't mean is 64 bit. 32 bit PC apps can run on 64 bit PC too, but if you want REAL performance, the game will say, ONLY FOR 5s AND ABOVE. Developers have to create a specific 64 bits version. If it doesn't say it won't run on 4 and 5 then it's a vanilla 32 bit.

8. iLuvMyMacToo macrumors regular

I wouldn't mind checking it out myself, but the developer is referring to it not supporting IOS7 which isn't necessarily 64 or 32bit (that's the hardware not the software). If it is running in IOS7 okay that's great then clearly the developer isn't doing themselves any favours by placing that statement on their game in the iTunes Store.

9. macbookman83 thread starter macrumors 6502

10. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

11. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

op give it some time. this reminds me of when the ipad 4 came out and games were suppose to take advantage of the more powerful processor. couldn't really notice a difference between ipad 3 or ipad 4 until a few months down the line when games were actually being written for the newer iPad, then it was clear.

12. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

Infinity blade doesn't work for me. The app reviews are filled with the same claim. I don't have any controls. Neither me or who im fighting does anything. Just stands there. I've deleted and reinstalled 4 times and no change.

13. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Infinity blade III is pretty awesome on the 5s. Other than that and an air hockey game, I can't find that many good games for iOS which is kind of disappointing.

14. OVERTASK macrumors 6502

OVERTASK

Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders was updated 'Improved visual effects and graphics for iPhone 5s.'

15. macbookman83 thread starter macrumors 6502

I truly understand and will be patient....... kinda just feeling a little bleh since I upgraded from the 5 and cant seem to tell the difference other than the fingerprint scanner.............

Ill give it a month or so..... I don't have a choice.. I'm not into android :)