iPhone 5s gold owners how's it holding up scratch wise?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobright, Oct 18, 2013.

1. bobright macrumors 601

Now with the announcement of the new iPad coming shortly and gold a possible option. I was wondering how your gold 5s has held up scratch wise? Does it seem pretty durable has it nicked or chipped in any way?

I am leaning toward a gold iPad if possible but want to make sure it's durable.

2. kenknotts macrumors 6502

Mine has been fine but its also had a soft rubber case on it :)

3. JarScott macrumors 68040

JarScott

The 5s doesn't suffer from the same scuffgate which the 5 did because of new anodising processes to apply colour to the aluminium, if that's what you mean. In terms of scratches, mine has a few nicks here and there mainly on the chamfered edges and the Apple logo gets scratched quite easily. All of these are mainly because I don't use any sort of case on my phone and I tend to be quite heavy handed with it. Get a case and you'll be fine. But don't baby your phone, just enjoy it. If there's a gold option in the next iPad mini I'll probably get that, but having had the white mini since December I'm looking at maybe going for a black one this time around.

4. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

I went screen protector free for about 1 1/2 weeks before I got a shield for the front and back of the phone.

During that time, no issues. The chamfer edges held up pretty well and any scratches are hardly noticeable, unlike my black iPad Mini's chamfer edges.

5. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Still in perfect condition since I got it 3 weeks ago. No casing or screen protector. I know it's only a matter of time before something happens, but I just can't bring myself to cover it up...:p

6. aluren macrumors 65816

I have two nicks on the bottom edges from normal use... But it's alright, it is aluminum after all...

7. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Mine was pristine when I sold it, no issues what so ever ;)

8. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

Got a spigen air case on mine.
    If I handed the phone to someone to show them something, and asked them what I thought of my case, they didn't even know there was one on until I told them.
    But scratch wise it's immaculate, as you would expect.