iPhone 5S Gold Severe Stock Shortage in Australia

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thaifood, Sep 19, 2013.

1. thaifood macrumors 6502

Just a heads up. Apple stores just opened 8am AEST in Australia and initial reports are that the gold phone is extremely short stocked.

Some places only had the 64gb model in. Other places had less than a couple dozen judging by comments on Australian line up threads on Whirlpool forums.

So if you want to pick one up from a store you might be in for an early start :)

Enjoy!

2. Robster3 macrumors 68000

3. thaifood thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, makes me think it was an 11th hour design choice for the 5S!

4. cfc4ever macrumors member

Perth city store ran out in the first dozen ppl or so. But seems to be plenty of the other colours. Huge line trolley going down handing out cards, 1 hour to go

5. OMAC83 macrumors member

I also saw that aust. Has a 7-10 business day wait for phones, do u think that what we will experience here in canada and the us as well?

6. cfc4ever macrumors member

Your guess is as good as anyone's. But I would say yes, hence the no online preorders, stock was incredibly tight. Since Apple has nailed down the first wave launch countries, they seem to be pretty fair with there stock distribution, so you may see the same

7. aka777, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

aka777 macrumors 6502a

damn, it looks like the delays are going to be worse than it was for the iphone 5

8. thaifood thread starter macrumors 6502

Telstra apparently only had space grey phones on offer. Looks like silver may be a bit short also if away from an Apple store.

Will have to wait and see throughout the day. No doubt this forum will explode with info once the US stores open up to give a better idea of their stock.

The 7-10 day wait online isn't too bad. But, that will blow out quick I reckon.

9. Bryanw3535 macrumors regular

Handing out cards? Do you mean cards saying "you're assured this size in this color"?

10. HM Apple macrumors member

Card for each phone in stock in color ,capacity, and carrier. You get a card, there is a phone for you when you get inside. Good system in that you know what is available while in line.

11. thaifood thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree, it's a good way to organise it. The line still stays in place and people don't end up waiting hours for an item to find it out of stock!

12. Bryanw3535 macrumors regular

Yeah, very smart. Thanks!