iPhone 5s heat and app install issues???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techman28, Sep 25, 2013.

1. techman28 macrumors member

I got my iPhone 5s delivered today and I just finished setting it up. I restored it from my iPhone 5 backup through iTunes. I'm not completely sure yet but it seems like this phone gets hotter or hot more often then my iPhone 5 did. Again I haven't really had it long enough to tell yet. But I'm curious, has anyone noticed or had any heat issues with their 5s yet?

Also I went ahead to "purchase" and install the now free iMovie, iPhoto, Pages, etc. apps on my new 5s. While I was trying to do that there was a lot of trouble installing them. They kept on taking forever downloading and then just got stuck on installing and never finished. I had go back into the app store app and cancel them a few times along with restarting my phone a few times. I finally got iPhoto and iMovie to install but still having trouble with Pages. I'll hold off and try again tomorrow. But has anyone had any problems installing new apps on your iPhone 5s?

Hopefully I'm just being paranoid in worrying about it but any insight into this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. LostAggie macrumors 6502

Mine gets really warm during downloads... Not really worried because it seems to cool down fast.

3. chakdey macrumors regular

My 5S gets hot really fast, even on facetime audio calls and thats when the screen is off. I'm guess that its normal?

4. kalt macrumors regular

mine got pretty warm while it was plugged in to my PC and copying/restoring all the stuff from my old iphone (about 55 gigs), which took about 45 minutes or so. But in the minimal time i've used it otherwise (i just got it today) i haven't noticed it get that warm since.

5. recklesslife85 macrumors 6502

recklesslife85

Don't worry about it mine does too. The A7 is a lot more powerful and iOS 7 isn't fully optimised yet so it will get cooler when they do optimise it. Not to worry about.

6. joshdammit macrumors 6502

It's not? They said during the keynote that iOS 7 was built from the ground up to support 64 bit (the A7)? I may have interpreted it differently.

7. recklesslife85 macrumors 6502

recklesslife85

Yeah they said that but it's clearly not from what I've seen so far. Needs a bit more work. Ios7 is in its infancy. 7.1 should sort out most problems.