iPhone 5s Holster Accommodating Home Button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xenocryst, Sep 13, 2013.

1. xenocryst macrumors newbie

I'd like to get something like the holster shown here for my iPhone 5s.

I'd want something like that with a cut-out for the home button, so I could flip up the flap to expose the home button for fingerprint scan without removing the phone from the holster.

Does a holster like this exist already? If not, are any in the works?

2. Defender2010, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013

Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Why would you want to expose the home button while still in the holster?? For a duel at dawn? Didn't holsters die off in 1990? lol sorry I just find this very funny and now have a mental image of tumbleweed and the fastest home button clicker in the west.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

but, if only the home button is exposed, how can you see the screen from inside the holster?

4. xenocryst thread starter macrumors newbie

Cute. Thanks for the off topic fashion critique and entirely useless, unhelpful post.

I personally prefer my phone not in my pocket because a) I don't want pocket lint getting into it, and b) I don't like the feel of it in my pocket.

Finally, I want to keep it in the holster so I can simply start Siri (for use with my Bluetooth headset) without having to pull it out to authenticate myself.

Now that you have my life story, do you want to add anything useful to the thread?

----------

I don't need to see the screen, I just need to authenticate with my fingerprint so I can use Siri to make calls or send texts.

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Lmao this was too funny

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Siri works w/ BT headsets so you shouldn't need to touch the phone at all, just press the button on your BT headset instead.

7. xenocryst thread starter macrumors newbie

Dude. Can you just answer the question or get out? I'll explain further...

I can't use the BT headset button because, as I said earlier, I need to authenticate myself. My current iPhone has a passcode on it. I will use the fingerprint rather than the passcode to authenticate myself on the iPhone 5s, so I can then have access to phone and text features via Siri. No need to look at the screen to enter my passcode; no need to pull out the phone; full BT voice features PLUS a secured phone. Get it?

8. Mrbobb macrumors 601

If it doesn't, take your fav pouch to a leather (shoes repair?) store and I bet the guy there has the proper tool to make a hole. Prick the outline of the hole on the pouch yourself would be helpful.

No need to be sensitive, FREE forums you gotta take a few.

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Dude you are dense... if you have a paired BT device you click on the button of that BT device to do Siri, text, etc even if the iPhone is password or touch-id locked you don't need to press anything but the BT device button to raise Siri. Go ahead and see for yourself in your current iPhone even if it's password locked ("authenticated"), the BT button still does all your Siri and text and is still secure...

10. xenocryst thread starter macrumors newbie

You're totally right. Siri will start up without needing to unlock the phone. That's not what I care about. I care about Siri allowing me to place a call after being started up. Try that and tell me if it works. Siri asks me to unlock before it will dial.

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

This is true. Under the passwords settings, there is a list of features that can be turned on/off for "access while locked," and Siri is in the list. Make sure it is set to "on," and you should be able to invoke Siri from your Bluetooth headset.

12. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I'm not understanding you, I have my passcode lock on and I raise Siri and tell her to dial home and it dials it for me w/out having to input my passcode. Make sure it's setup like the member above me said though.

13. xenocryst thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe a I have a crappy headset or something then, because I have that option turned on as well, and it doesn't matter. :-/