iPhone 5S in 3 years?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 22mac, Sep 11, 2013.

1. 22mac macrumors member

I need a new phone and rather than messing around with used eBay phones that get blocked after being reported stolen I was planning on buying the 5s.
    However I don't want to be on the s cycle and just like people with the 4s now I see myself waiting for the iPhone 7.
    How do you think the iPhone 5s will run in 3 years time?

2. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

I'd imagine the 5S will run quite well considering it's built for the new iOS 7 and Apple is unlikely to be making substantial changes to the OS for at least another few years. The only downside is the RAM is still the same as the 5 and that may be the limiting factors in a couple of years.

3. 22mac thread starter macrumors member

Ah yeah I was looking for how much ram the 5s has but I couldn't find the specs

4. =w= macrumors 6502a

=w=

This is just a guess, but i'd probably say the same or a little worse than your current 4S would run with iOS7 on it.

Apple made a significant jump with the processor this year, it seems. So next year the processor may be an incremental upgrade.

I've got a friend using a 4 and she says the only thing that feels old is the camera. And I'm not sure if she can iMessage or not. I don't know if she just turns it off.

I suppose it depends on how you're going to use it and whether you think that the functionality of the phone is dependent on receiving new features.