iPhone 5S in Europe. When?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dawideksl, Sep 11, 2013.

1. dawideksl macrumors regular

dawideksl

Hello, i understand that sept.20 the new iPhone will be available in the U.S and couple of countries in Europe (Germany, France....)etc. My question is, when do You think it'll become available in Poland and other countries? iPhone 5 was available after a month, am I right?

2. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

No, Poland was in the second wave, which came a week after the first rollout date.
    Following this pattern, one would guess september 27th would be the release date in the second wave countries. However, Apple has not communicated anything on that matter yet, which is unusual and probably brings up problems in production.

3. dawideksl thread starter macrumors regular

dawideksl

they told only "by the end of the year", it's not satisfying.

4. Baconstripss macrumors member

Some Danish carriers have begun signing people up in queues, although I do not think they have gotten any info from apple. I'm hoping for the second wave :)

5. dawideksl thread starter macrumors regular

dawideksl

I'm hoping for that too, i'm on iPhone 4 since it's launch (white), and i don't want to wait until nov/dec for the new iP ;)

6. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

I doubt all the local carriers are not aware of Apple's moves, but no leaks so far.

7. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

From what Apple said, the launch on 20th September is 9 countries, with the second release wave being December 2013 and covering 100 countries. So, presumably Poland will be in round 2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. dawideksl thread starter macrumors regular

dawideksl

9. BMcCoy macrumors 65816

BMcCoy

More evidence (along with the no-preorders thing) that the 5S is going to have limited availability..

10. dawideksl thread starter macrumors regular

dawideksl

Maybe they're telling us that in december 5S will be available in all 100 countries, but maybe (i hope), there will be couple of waves between september and december. (like it was with iP 5)

11. Pompiliu macrumors 6502a

Pompiliu

By the end of the year.

Jesus what a useless thread. How the hell would we know?:rolleyes:

12. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

I doubt it, they announced the date and countries of second release at the same time as the first release was announced last year.

If you aren't in the first 9 countries you can look forward to the announced second release, 100 countries in December.

China is going to be huge demand, so Apple are giving themselves space to build stock again for round 2.

----------

Why not take a day trip to Germany?

13. dawideksl thread starter macrumors regular

dawideksl

Maybe it's not bad idea ;)

14. tazuki macrumors newbie

Apple didn't say that the second wave would be Dec13.

They said that by Dec13 it will be available in 100 countries.

I believe that the second wave will happen around the first week of October...

15. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Not according to the slides, no "by" there. Just "December 2013 100 countries"

[​IMG]

16. dawideksl thread starter macrumors regular

dawideksl

Ok, but it was said "by the end of the year". Do You really think they can handle 90+ countries in one (second) wave? i doubt it. I think iP5S deliveries will be split in couple of waves, and will end in december - by the end of the year, but it's only my opinion.

17. Merkie macrumors 68020

That's what the slide says yes. But Phil said the phone would be available in over 100 countries by December, I think it's highly likely that the 5s will be released sooner in a lot of countries.

18. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Well, I hope so for the people in second wave countries, but I wouldn't rely on it. If I was close to a first wave country I would probably plan a day trip (like Poland to Germany) and queue next week.

19. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Not according to Phil Schiller, who used that slide as a reference to what he was saying.
    He said that by the end of the year, iPhone would be in 100 countries.
    The first wave countries are included in that 100.

----------

I have read earlier today that a New Zealand carrier is going to have a launch for 10th of October. Don't know how reliable that is, but it would point to a first week of October Apple release.

20. Baconstripss macrumors member

Anyone know if the German iPhones er unlocked to European carriers? Specifically Danish carriers? Then a trip to Germany would be a sound idea for me :)

21. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

For those interested:

Source

22. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

But still all supposition, it won't help the OP if he decides to skip the 20th release, and then finds his country's release is in December.

We could all guess, I'm trying to answer only on the facts (as limited as they are). It's a pity Apple haven't been more forthcoming with information.

----------

Pretty sure all the Euro Apple Stores sell unlocked stock (while carrier stores sell locked).

23. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

No facts support what you are stating. Apple have never stated anything would be available in December, but by December.
    As stated twice, Apple said the new iPhone models would be in 100 countries by December.
    iPhones have always been released in waves of countries, and nothing suggests this year that approach will change.
    It is absurd to think Apple would launch new iPhone models in 90 countries at once in December too.
    Carriers are also hinting at a near release, as I posted above.

24. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

So exactly what I said?

Leaving all the "suggesting", "thinking" and "hinting" out, do you have absolute proof of information that the OP will see a release in Poland before December?

Hard facts that guarantee if he decides to skip the German launch on the 20th that he is 100% definitely able to buy in Poland in October?

The real facts as they are, Apple have announced the 20th of September and that in December there will be 100 countries receiving the iphone. Any more than that is just your "suggestions, thoughts and hints".

25. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

You said:

As said now multiple times :rolleyes:, Apple have stated that the new iPhone models would be available in a total of about 100 countries by December.
    That does not mean that the new iPhone models will be released in December in 100 countries, and that does not mean that the second wave will be in December. It also does not mean that a second wave would include 100 countries, as well as it does not mean that there will be a release in 100 countries happening in December.

For instance, if all iPhones would be released by November, Apple would be correct.

I still do not see your source when you state that a "second release wave being December 2013", or that the "second release, 100 countries in December", and I see you have either ignored or completely missed what others are saying about what Apple stated in the keynote.

Sourced suggestions, reasonable thoughts based on history and official hints by carriers make for enough of a proof to state that the new iPhone models are coming to second wave countries "soon".

Read above. All that I wrote is based on either sources or the past, and there is no evidence of it not happening this year.
    At all.

Yet again, you are wrong.
    In December there will not be 100 countries receiving the iPhone, that's your personal thought, and it has no source.
    In December, a total of 100 countries will have received, since September, the new iPhone models. That means that 90 countries, over the 10 of the first wave, will see the new iPhone models coming between September and December.

Seems like you should pay more attention to words. :rolleyes: