iPhone 5s in-store pick up??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by duck33, Sep 17, 2013.

1. duck33 macrumors regular

Just like the title says, does anyone know if by placing an order (iPhone 5s) via Apple.com if Apple, will be allowing in-store pickup?

2. NickG420 macrumors regular

NickG420

Again?? How many times are we going to have this same thread with the same answers.....

Nobody knows if this will be an option....NOBODY! Chances are very slim that any Apple Store will want to deal with people picking up a reserved phone and people lined up since 3AM 3 days prior to buy one both in the same day....

Aside from the fact that some people who had waited in line may then be SOL due to people reserving and picking up store inventory....

Again NOBODY knows the answer to this.....But it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY this will be an option....

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I heard for the 5c, it wasn't offered. So it may not be for the 5s

4. PaulOBrain macrumors regular

5. NickG420 macrumors regular

NickG420

Well people are making the argument that the 5c was not officially in store yet so that is why it wasn't an option....However, I would submit that if they wanted to let you pick up in store they would have given that option for the 5c on the 20th being it was a week out...

IMHO - Apple is trying to cut down as much confusion as they can...Which is why they chose to only have one pre-order. I don't think it has anything to do with a supply shortage. I could be completely wrong...But evidence is pointing to Apple making it easier on themselves rather than the customer...

And I'm kind of OK with that...

6. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

I heard you can order the iPhone 5s online, go to the store, look at the iPhone 5s, go home, and wait for the one you ordered to ship.

7. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Not for the first few days. When they turn it on the choice will be on the site.

But launch weekend is just too dang hectic for it

8. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

I assume this will not be an option. But no one knows this right now appart from Apple.

9. allonwang macrumors newbie

This is MacRumors. Why don't they do a little bit of research? They know everything else it seems.