iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3, Mac 10.8.5 - iPhone won't sync MUSIC!! WTF

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by macbookpro45, Nov 10, 2013.

1. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

This is such bs. My phone won't sync music in my iTunes library to my phone. What do I do to fix this?

This kind of crap is common with windows which is why I HATE windows, but at this point with all the iOS7 problems I've experienced windows is no worse than Apple. Such BS. I, like many, pay more for apple because they don't have problems that you spend hours fixing, but now I might as well get a windows and save some money in the future.

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Dumb Q: U have the latest iTunes version correct?

3. mr.jerffrey macrumors newbie

I can't either. I plug the phone into my computer and nothing happens. The computer doesn't recognize that the phone is connected. The manual says I should see the phone listed under Devices at the top of the screen --- but there is nothing.

4. macbookpro45 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I just upgraded to the latest version of iTunes.

How the F* is this even a problem with an Apple device? I've spent at least 4 hours trying to solve this with no solution so far. Any apple genius reps on here?

5. mr.jerffrey macrumors newbie

I haven't figured it out yet either. A friend said that when you connect the phone for the first time you should be asked if you "trust" the device ... or something to that effect -- it's a new ios7 setting. I was never asked that... I'm thinking the problem lies with the iPhone os. The iPod doesn't give me any problems.

So.. I want to look into re-installing ios7.. is that possible????

6. hiskesa macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem, only mine is a 4S.

7. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3, Mac 10.8.5 - iPhone won't sync MUSIC!! WTF

First, try a different USB port, if you're syncing that way....also try rebooting all Apple toys.

8. paradox11 macrumors member

If you want help, you're going to need to be more specific.

What steps have you done to try to fix this? Also, what is the specific circumstance where it's failing?

9. macbookpro45 thread starter macrumors 6502

2 calls with Apple tech and still no solution.

Rebooted both the computer and the iphone. I tried syncing my iPad 2 which is on iOS 6.0 and that works beautifully.

I've done a full restore on my phone (aka 2 hours without a phone), and that has not solved the problem.