iPhone 5S Jordan Creek Mall (West Des Moines, IA)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by bluedukies8, Sep 13, 2013.

1. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

It's been two years or so since I have waited in line for a phone at the Apple store....anyone going to be there? Expect a long line? What time to show?

The last time I waited in line my buddy and showed up about 10-11 pm the night before and it was about 20 deep. Wondering if I should expect the same or......dun dun daaaaaa worse ;)

2. Treebark macrumors member

The one time I did it I showed up at 5:30 and was about 30th. With the rain overnight I wonder two things: 1) will it keep some away and 2) will the mall let people in if lightening proves a danger?

Not sure yet the time I'm getting there. I've considered 10pm, midnight, or 5:30 again.

If anyone is there overnight it would be nice to get hourly posts on line size. I'll do it if I am there too. :)

Btw, how are restrooms handled if you are there overnight? People just good about letting you back in your spot if you drive over to Casey's or wherever?

Wonder what time the mall will let people in....apple is opening at 8 I think.

3. Brobb74 macrumors newbie

4. Treebark macrumors member

Just got here and looks like I am 18-20th in line.

5. bluedukies8 thread starter macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

I'm assuming no one from Apple is there, but if there is have they come out to talk about what's avail? Saw other threads saying some stores did.

6. Treebark macrumors member

Yeah, sounds like corporate sent an email to all stores asking them to inform those in line that white and gold phones are in extremely limited supply. They didn't know anything more than that. They won't open boxes until 6ish so they don't have counts yet. They announced so those waiting for those colors wouldn't wait all night and be disappointed.

I'm assuming by what they told us and what other threads are reporting, there are no gold or maybe just a couple. The white is surprising to me.

No mention of space gray being limited.

7. Brobb74 macrumors newbie