iPhone 5S: Lakeside Shopping Centre, Grays - UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by iphonehype, Sep 10, 2013.

1. iphonehype macrumors 6502

So who's queuing at Lakeside?

Queued for the 4/4S and the iPhone 5 was home delivered...

Its quite manic at Lakeside, anyone had better experiences at Bluewater Shopping Centre in Kent or Westfield Shopping Centre in Stratford?

Thanks All!!

:apple:

2. slippery macrumors member

Yes I'm going to be there.
    I queued and got my 4 and 4S from lakeside but missed the 5 launch as I was in New York..!
    Is it car park 4 or 7 we congregate in I can't remember now...! Lol
    All I do remember is they let you in at the Burger King entrance and you need to keep to the wall on the left..!
    Perhaps someone who went to the 5 launch can tell of there experience with the queuing situation..?
    See you all there people's..!

3. iphonehype thread starter macrumors 6502

The 4S queue was bad. People had a ticket system is place some random people created!!

I was hoping with the iPhone 5 it was more organised !

4. slippery, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013

slippery macrumors member

Yes I remember some Asian guys handing out raffle tickets.
    I think in a vain attempt to create some kind of order system.
    The point being it dosent work and I certainly won't be taking one if it happens again this year.
    I'm sorry to say that until you actually get inside the mall it's every man for himself and the only queues I'll be taking any notice of are the ones organised by Lakeside security and Apple staff...!
    By the way if any of the guys who I met at the iPhone 4 launch are going to be there (you know who you are if you remember the Man Child..! Lol) BigEll ect let me know and we'll have a little reunion..!

5. OwenMeasures macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

Anyone here thinking of going to Bluewater?

----------

I remeber at the 4S launch it was full of people buying 2 iphones to go on and sell them, the year before at the 4 was full of people buying phone for them themselves

6. Big Ells macrumors 6502

Big Ells

Screw that. I'm going to stroll down to Covent Garden after work and see if they have any 64GB's left, if not I will just wait.

Man child was epic!

7. slippery macrumors member

BigElls

Ha ha dont blame you really but lakesides a little closer to me than covent garden and you never know I might even get to see the legendary Man Child again...!
    All the best
    Lee

8. iphonehype thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you the twat that pushed in? If so ill gladly meet you in the car park. Tall guy. If that's you, I'll personally introduce myself to you.

9. slippery macrumors member

Do I consider myself tall..?

Well Im about 5ft 10" so I'm not sure if you'd consider that tall...?
    Did I push in, not that I'm aware of..?
    However you've included my post in your reply to this thread.
    I think I know the person your referring too but I can't speak for him but just to make sure its not me your calling a twat.
    I'm more than happy to meet so you can introduce yourself to me personally that way you can cross me off your twat list or maybe not..?
    Let me know

10. iphonehype thread starter macrumors 6502

If you didnt push in, your not the twat im after so no worries :) Yes just to clarify your not a twat.

11. Big Ells macrumors 6502

Big Ells

I'm a tall guy. But didn't push in. Ended up further back if anything. Bit of a thing to hold a grudge about for 2 years, unless this was last year, if so I preordered online, which I'm gutted they aren't doing. GRRRR!

12. iphonehype thread starter macrumors 6502

This guy was a right twat. We was in the queue inside the shopping centre. After the store opened, he walked straight into the Apple Store and it was so busy they didnt see what he done.

More to this, he was very loud and rude. He was taking the mick out of people for being fat and who couldn't speak English properly.

He needs sorting out. I don't stand for people bullying someone for what ever reason.

13. Big Ells macrumors 6502

Big Ells

I missed that guy. The staff were just as much to blame. They had so many staff just dicking about and only 3 people serving. Like WTF stop clapping and jumping about and serve some people bell ends.
    I can assure you it wasn't me, I speak the Queens English.

14. iphonehype thread starter macrumors 6502

Lol Yeah its fine he was a lot taller than 6 foot.

Hmmm......I just hope its so much more organised this year. What time you planning to get there?

Going from last years iPhones 5's thread there was 100+ people at 3AM.

Might go midnight a snack from McDonaold's

15. gingerpaul macrumors member

I got there last year at 3 am and there was about 100 in the que, by 8 am when lakeside doors opened that had trebled as there mates and ebay reseller organisers got in the front, all asain i might add, well out of order, finally got mine at 12 o clock, not going this year, upgrading in EE store, have one reserved arready.

16. iphonehype thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you sure you can have it reserved at EE Store?

Yeh the resellers thing is ridiculous. Might go to another branch this year. Did everyone in line manage to get the iPhone?

Did they make you wait in the car park, or could you queue at the burger king entrance?

Thanks!

17. slippery macrumors member

BigElls I thought he was referring to the guy that we know didn't turn up until after 6.00am and was the first one to walk into the Apple Store...!
    I remember him being quite old can't remember how tall he was but he was tall..!
    To be honest BigElls you didn't even cross my mind although your tall you didn't push in and I don't mix with twats whatever shape or size so it wasn't you..!
    We got pushed so far back it felt like we starting queuing on Friday and picked the phones up on Saturday...!
    I'm still going to Lakeside and if I see anyone taking the piss out of someone just because they feel like I won't stand for it...!
    Nor will I put up with people pushing in especIlly in front of me not this year...!
    So why am I going then, because it may just end up being a crack like a couple of years ago where for a few hours I met some great people had a laugh and got an iPhone...!
    Happy days...!

18. gingerpaul macrumors member

I've covered all bases this time, EE store are reserving one for me and also one in carphone warehouse next to apple store, just need to speak to the right people in there, told them its my upgrade, they were glad to take details, the apple store did make you que outside Burger King entrance and then brought a load of us in in at a time to re que out side Apple, by the time about 9 am came the apple staff came out with cards for which model you wanted, they ran out of 16gb by then so got a 32gb one. I know they have contract and upgrade stock seperate so you never know. Good luck who's going though.

19. Big Ells macrumors 6502

Big Ells

That does ring a bell. Unfortunately I have to work, the other company director is out that day so I need to run the company, hence me strolling down CGarden after work.

Hopefully with the China release being the same day there won't be as many people buying for resale.

20. slippery macrumors member

21. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Except last year most of the scalpers seemed to be from the Indian subcontinent buying to send to Pakistan and India to resell :(.

I have a feeling they'll still be there.

22. gingerpaul macrumors member

EE - SUPERFAST 4GEE - iPhone 5S 16GB
    Speed: 4G
    Monthly: £26
    Data: 500MB
    Calls: Unlimited
    Texts: Unlimited
    iPhone 5S 16GB
    ONE-OFF: £259.99
    Monthly: £31
    Data: 1GB
    iPhone 5S 16GB
    ONE-OFF: £209.99
    Monthly: £36
    Data: 1.5GB
    iPhone 5S 16GB
    ONE-OFF: £149.99
    Monthly: £41
    Data: 2GB
    iPhone 5S 16GB
    ONE-OFF: £99.99
    Monthly: £46
    Data: 10GB
    iPhone 5S 16GB
    ONE-OFF: £49.99
    Monthly: £51
    Data: 20GB
    iPhone 5S 16GB
    ONE-OFF: £19.99
    EE - SUPERFAST 4GEE - iPhone 5S 32GB

----------

EE - SUPERFAST 4GEE - iPhone 5S 32GB
    Monthly: £26
    Data: 500MB
    iPhone 5S 32GB
    ONE-OFF: £349.99
    Monthly: £31
    Data: 1GB
    iPhone 5S 32GB
    ONE-OFF: £289.99
    Monthly: £36
    Data: 1.5GB
    iPhone 5S 32GB
    ONE-OFF: £269.99
    Monthly: £41
    Data: 2GB
    iPhone 5S 32GB
    ONE-OFF: £199.99
    Monthly: £46
    Data: 10GB
    iPhone 5S 32GB
    ONE-OFF: £149.99
    Monthly: £51
    Data: 20GB
    iPhone 5S 32GB
    ONE-OFF: £129.99
    EE - SUPERFAST 4GEE - iPhone 5S

23. iphonehype thread starter macrumors 6502

Im talking about SIM FREE. Screw EE and their network.

24. MxNRG macrumors member

Hello All,

A shout out to Big Ells and slippery (Lee), I was the guy in the West Ham shirt at the 4S Lakeside Queue. I'd forgotten your odd obsession with the MAN CHILD!

I got a 5 on pre-order last year and don't plan on upgrading this cycle. Good luck to those that plan to queue at Lakeside. I personally would now only queue at a mall open 24/7 or at a regular street store where you can be outside the store, the randomness at Lakeside is stupid and unfair. As others have said the mall don't let people queue at the doors till 6-7am which means there is no guarantee that you won't the jumped by people turning up later than you at the formation of this real queue. Also the queue management is terrible with the scalpers all letting their mates in before the proper queue outside the store starts.

I hope Lakeside sort it out this year, but I'd go queue at Bluewater from Thursday night personally.

25. slippery macrumors member

I know after 2 years I cant get that image of the Man Child out of my head...! lol
    Im taking your advice and have decided to get my iPhone from Bluewater instead of Lakeside I just think the queue system will be more organised there.
    Shame your not going though as the company would have been appreciated. Take care and all the best
    Lee