iPhone 5s launch at Watford, UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by randomdude, Sep 16, 2013.

1. randomdude macrumors regular

Was just wondering if anyone here was planning to go to the Watford Store in the UK, and maybe when and what time.
    And if not the Watford Store, what time for your store.

Wasn't sure what time to go.

2. raymo macrumors newbie

Will Harlequin be open early? Would like to get these by 5am but haven't been able to find out if the car parks will be open or if there will be a place to queue....

Did anyone go to Watford for the iPhone 5 last year??

3. Palbay macrumors newbie

I plan on going, try to get there as early as possible, maybe 6am or earlier. The weather on Thursday looks bad so I hope people won't be camping out.

4. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

That may be too late. The latest rumour is that there will be severe shortages on release day at all the stores so I am planning an overnight camp outside my store

5. Palbay macrumors newbie

I've never had to queue on launch day before. Where does the Watford queue form?

6. randomdude thread starter macrumors regular

Not sure whether to go Friday Morning or Thursday.

Are we allowed to camp outside the Apple Store in Harlequin or do we have to camp outside Harlequin?

7. Palbay macrumors newbie

You can't camp in the Harliquin, it would have to be outside until they open the doors and then we get to go inside and queue again. Apple staff do come down the queue asking what you want and giving out tickets. The thing I don't know is how bad the queue gets in watford.

8. randomdude thread starter macrumors regular

Anybody here or know anybody that is planning on going tomorrow or Thursday? If Friday, what time?

9. Palbay macrumors newbie

I'm trying to make my mind up about Thursday or Friday. I think if you stay out overnight you have to be prepared to get wet...

10. Palbay macrumors newbie

Thanks for posting the link. Does that change what people will be doing with regards to queuing? Still trying to make my mind up about when to get there for.

11. ibz5150 macrumors newbie

Hi,

New to this thread, had a couple questions regarding the iphone 5s launch in the Watford apple store i hope someone could help me with. Will the the store open at 8am on Friday or the normal time of 9am. Also from reading the intu website am i correct in believing we will be able to get into the shopping centre at 6am. Also from anyone that has been to apple product launch at the Watford store, how busy is the store, im thinking of being there for 8am.

Thanks for any replies in advance.

12. Palbay macrumors newbie

I can answer a couple of your questions. The Apple Store will open at 8am for the iPhone 5s launch, and the shopping centre will open the doors at 6am so the people queing can then move up and wait outside the Apple Store. Can't say about a previous launch at the Watford store. I usually preorder online and have it delivered, but can't do that this time.

13. randomdude thread starter macrumors regular

I will be going sometime on Thursday for the queue. Really don't want to risk not getting the 5s on Friday, could end up being weeks before I can get it otherwise.

Anyways, let me know if anyone else is planning on going on Thursday. Don't want to be the only guy waiting outside Harlequin overnight.

14. Palbay macrumors newbie

I will be going Thursday as well. What time were you thinking?

15. seble macrumors 6502a

I live in London, I'm considering going to Watford as I hear their Apple store is usually quiet. Not sure if the same would apply tomorrow though!

Though in all honesty I'm more interested in picking up the phone from the EE store. Anyone sharing similar ideas?

16. randomdude thread starter macrumors regular

I was thinking around 8:30 cos the Apple Store closes around 9, and I don't want to be in the wrong place or wrong queue. If I go before it closes and ask someone there to show me the queue.

17. Palbay macrumors newbie

I was thinking the same time, so will probably see you there.

18. randomdude thread starter macrumors regular

Kl. You bringing a chair or anything else to camp tonight?

19. Palbay macrumors newbie

I'm going to be cycling in to Watford, so can't carry a chair, but I'll have plenty of warm clothes and provisions for the night.

20. WunDaii macrumors member

I plan on going to the Watford store tomorrow morning at around 5 - 6. This link says we can park in the church car park and enter through the Ketts Mall entrance - does this mean we can camp outside the Apple store, in the shopping centre? If not, where outside are you guys thinking of camping?

http://intu.co.uk/watford/news/iphone-5s-and-5c-launch

21. Palbay macrumors newbie

No one can camp out inside the mall. The queue will start from the entrance opposite McDonalds. This is what I as told when I asked one of the Apple Store staff the other day, and is what happened for the launch of the iPhone 5.

22. raymo macrumors newbie

Palbay, Randomdude - can you report back on how long the queue is tonight? Planning to get there at 5am

23. Palbay macrumors newbie

24. randomdude thread starter macrumors regular

Will Do raymo.

Also, are we allowed to get the iPhone without a contract tomorrow, cos I don't want to change mine?

Thanks