iPhone 5S Launch in London

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnalan, Sep 16, 2013.

1. johnalan macrumors regular

Hello all,

Is anybody thinking of camping out for the launch? I'm thinking of it but it's getting really cold the last few nights!

I think the Covent garden shop is nicest to queue at, What time do you think i'd need to be there to definitely get one, 7am?

Given it's such a big shop i'd say they'll have lots.

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I'm in the states but camping out in the middle of the night for a phone in any country sounds like a bad idea to me.

Just my personal opinion though.

3. WillFisher macrumors 6502

WillFisher

I went and queued for the iPad 3 outside Westfields, I got there at 5am and there was a good 150 people in front of me.
    Covent Garden is said to be busier, but it is the bigger store so might have more stock.

My own 0.02$, get there earlier than 7am, with no pre-orders this launch is gonna be quite big.

4. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Try going to Brent Cross Shopping Centre - the Apple store there is usually not as busy on launch days as the ones in London centre. 5.30am is most likely when I'll try to be there for.

5. johnalan thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the replys, Brent Cross not really an option as I don't have a car.

The earliest I can get to Covent Garden with the tube is 6.10am so that's my target, am I wrong in thinking they'll probably have enough stock to last until midday? People seemed to queue into the after noon last year.

Do you have any idea how long I'd be queuing before I'd get in (roughly) if I'm there by 6am?

Like would I be standing there till 2-3pm? What was the wait like for the iPad

6. funlad macrumors regular

I've been to Brent Cross for previous launches; it's only a small store and the queues have always been HUGE and move really slowly.

7. Kaidan macrumors member

Kaidan

Also there are other retailers in the Centre. I know for a fact that Carphone Warehouse have good stock if you get to the Centre this morning. They will have a ticketing system that will guarantee you the sku of your choice if in stock. Saves you waiting in a queue for no reason I guess. So for me Brent Cross is a no brainer.