iPhone 5s Launch San Diego (Fashion Valley , UTC , OTAY )

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by adpretto, Sep 10, 2013.

1. adpretto macrumors member

Okay so the iPhone 5s has been announced who is going to get the iphone 5c and just pre-order or who's wants to remember the days of waiting for the Original iphone , ipad and so forth.

I was number 10 in line for iPhone & number 1 in Line for the iPad launch

I will be in line Friday September 20th for my iPhone 5s @ Fashion Valley , just cant decide on what color

2. KaijuRed macrumors regular

if i pre-order an iPhone 5C, do I have to wait in line too?

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Pre-order is for home delivery, not in-store pick up. It hasn't been offered for in-store pickup since the iPhone 4.

I'll be at UTC. I pre-ordered for in-store pickup at Fashion Valley for the iPhone 4 launch and the line at 2AM was wrapped around the entire mall for those that did not pre-order... My hope UTC will be less busy.

4. lorax3 macrumors regular

lorax3

I'll be at Fashion Valley. I do not expect them to run out, and will be getting in line around 9:30am on Friday. Picking up a Gold 5s.

I waited in line for the iPhone 3 and 4, both about 4 hours. (Had the 4s and 5 delivered instead)

I suspect to wait that long again, but am hoping Apple has the procedure down and AT&T knows its servers need to withstand eligibility and activation checks.

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Don't they open at 8AM on launch days? 9:30 might be a tad too late.. I'll probably be getting in line at UTC around 6AM, will be driving by at midnight just to scope out (live across the street).

6. lorax3 macrumors regular

lorax3

Not sure when they open. But I have a morning engagement I cannot break, so 9:30 is the earliest I can get there.

Unless there is a shortage of the iPhone 5s, 9:30am will be fine. At both the 3G and 4 launch at Fashion Valley they did not run out, and people who showed up in the late that evening and were able to just walk in and grab a phone. There was a small line again on morning #2.

7. rgar7 macrumors newbie

Not sure if its true or not, but this post says you can't line up until 5 a.m. at Fashion Valley. I'm hoping this is true as that doesn't seem too early. I'm still debating between waiting in line or just ordering at midnight and waiting a few days to get it.

8. adpretto thread starter macrumors member

FV update

I've read & Im sure everyone has seen that the inventory on 5s is extremely constrained, Most Phones will be on AT&T & Black is most common of three options,

Anyways, one person wrote that they spoke to FV Reps and they said didnt expect long lines and lines could form after 5am.

WHO'S all gonna be there

9. MacLuvnRN macrumors newbie

San Diego iPhone line hashtag

There are at least 8 people in line at Carlsbad and one at North County Fair. There is now a hashtag for the San Diego iPhone line. Please use it/follow to hopefully give more info re: lines. #sdiphoneline

10. Amenite macrumors newbie

Just checked out the UTC store, 8 people in line already (3 of them had camping equipment)
    The store didn't know when the security will let people in

11. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Don't bother waiting at Fashion Valley. I am buying 50 5s for my office, already have someone waiting in line for us.

12. dan4patriots macrumors newbie

dick :mad:

13. Amenite macrumors newbie

Not sure if trollin or saying the truth

The rep at fashion valley was pretty nice to me, told me they were getting "ample" stock and that I "should be good" for a 32GB Gold iPhone 5s

14. dan4patriots macrumors newbie

they say anything about the other colors

15. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

We are good Apple customers, our entire office runs on Apple.

16. Amenite macrumors newbie

I was dumb yesterday, forgot to ask that :(

17. MacLuvnRN macrumors newbie

I thought there was a 2 phone per person limit?

18. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

i only see 6 tweets with that hash. amidoingitwrong?

19. MacLuvnRN macrumors newbie

No. I'm sure you are doing it right it just hasn't caught on. :( I tweeted @maccast we should have a hashtag so we can try to get news on the lines and so he created it. I posted it in the 3 different San Diego forums on here but alas...still not catching on. Maybe as the lines get longer??? I think it would be really helpful if it was used by people.:apple:

20. Amenite macrumors newbie

Lol

Just checked UTC store again. Everybody left, NO KIDDING, but i saw a lady with a folding chair walking into the mall while I was getting out of the parking lot #sdiphoneline

21. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

maybe they were chased out? didn't that happen last year?

22. Amenite macrumors newbie

Maybe. A user from here is at UTC right now, said there is about 7 people in line. #sdiphoneline

23. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

any of the staff come out and brief you guys before they left for the night?

24. adpretto thread starter macrumors member

Any news on Fashion Valley , I remember for the iPad launch Fashion Valley Security Chased me off the property anytime before 6 am and then it was a mad dash to the apple store.
    Im tempted to go tomorrow morning or should I order it and get it in a week.

25. adpretto thread starter macrumors member

Went to FV this morning and there was 100 people in line, so SIMON Mall Management has changed their rules & guidelines about when people are allowed on the property