Iphone 5S Los Angeles

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theonesaint, Sep 17, 2013.

1. theonesaint macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I know that no one knows for certain, but as I'm from abroad and currently on holidays in LA, leaving on the 21st I wanted to ask for advice as to where in LA I'll most likely get the 5S on Friday. I read all the threads and really didn't want to open another one, but I thought I'd give it a try.

Problem is, my two-year old son just today dropped my iPhone 5 and it's now shattered to pieces.

Which of the stores (Apple, Best Buy, Target, etc.) in the LA area are the most promising ones to get an unlocked (important) 32 GB 5S. After reading all the threads here I couldn't find out which one would be the most promising specifically in LA. What do you locals think of the Store in Beverly Center, I read somewhere that malls aren't allowing people queuing overnight(s), which sounds logic to me and is pointing to the fact that queues won't be that long as normal Apple stores.

Any local insider knowledge (from past launch experience) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Theo

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I would recommend the suburbs someplace. I grew up in Ventura County (LA's neighbor) and camped out for the 4 there (one of the craziest campout numbers to date, if I recall, due to online order ability). I am not sure if the 5S will be as crazy, although it isn't orderable (until launch day), so maybe. If you are willing to camp (or at least get there 3-5 hours before they open) I would think you'd be safe.

3. hermitman macrumors newbie

4. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

The Grove will be PACKED, but then again so will Beverly Center. Really though, in retrospect, will there be an Apple store that's not packed? Their flagship store is in Santa Monica at 3rd street promenade. Maybe that'd have the most supply in store, but it will also attract a lot of people and parking is limited to a parking garage unless you don't mind walking a few blocks.

5. theonesaint thread starter macrumors newbie

Camping really isn't an option while on holiday with a two-year old and a wife pointing a finger at her forehead :eek:

Do AT&T, T-Mobile, Best Buy offer unlocked ones on launch day, would that be an option?

Out of curiosity: why does The Grove show special 9/20 opening times (from 8am) and the one in Santa Monica not (standard from 9am)? Does that tell me something?

Thanks

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

They should all have unlocked phones on launch day (if you buy off contract, it's unlocked... Verizon is always unlocked regardless).
    Honestly, if you don't camp, AT ALL, it's going to be a crap shoot.

7. enthawizeguy macrumors 6502

any ideas how sherman oaks usually is? I really don't want to wait over night. Where do you line up anyways?

8. PPSH-41 macrumors newbie

Radio Shack also sells iphones. Not many people think of going there launch day. Good luck.

9. theonesaint thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, I'll try Radio Shack first thing in the morning, if not I'll give Santa Monica a try during the day.

Thanks a lot

10. Makaveliarts macrumors 6502

OP could also try Walmart & Target as a last option. YOu could even ask your local target to reserve one for you, which isn't a 100% guarantee you'll get it but it should help.

I imagine it's going to be a lot harder to get one anywhere in LA