iPhone 5S Meet BELFAST,N.IRELAND

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by APPLEIOS5, Sep 13, 2013.

1. APPLEIOS5 macrumors newbie

So who is going along this year? Last year people turned up around 11am and still got their phones as they had over 2500 in stock but if you want to be in the first 100 you need to be there by 5am.

2. mercury82, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013

mercury82 macrumors newbie

I will be there on Saturday afternoon and I'm sure it will be still available. Nobody is so crazy for this iPhone 5s

3. eddyecb macrumors regular

Im probably just gonna go to the 3 store at Castle court or Victoria Square, hoping its less queued. Last year i rang the Castle court one about 11 in the morning and they had 1 32gb left, was very lucky!!

4. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

Ha, there's no chance of that.
    Hoping I can roll around after work. Might just arrange to go in late that morning...

5. APPLEIOS5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes from the regulars I have been in contact with half are not going with the 5S and the ones that are going are heading down for 6am as they think it will be plenty of time. Think I will do the same. The S models seem to be less sought after and lines are shorter.

6. Marco123 macrumors 6502a

I will be in about 5PM after work, hoping to get an unlocked phone but if not then over to the CW for a xperiaZ1.

7. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

How crazy is it likely to be tomorrow?
    Not sure whether to order tonight or brave the queue tomorrow.

8. psynnott macrumors 6502

psynnott

considering that the sneak peak of the apple store showed 7-10 days before it was pulled, im seriously considering just going to the store tomorrow.

9. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

Same, but I already ordered. :p

10. Tino04 macrumors member

Any updates fellas?

11. mercury82 macrumors newbie

How is the queue? Nobody is going to buy it right?

12. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

Welp, they were out of everything but the 16GB Space Grey by the time they got to me.
    Queue wasn't as bad as I expected although it was still getting longer. I bet there are a lot of disappointed people!

Some jerk tried selling his place in line for £100 but it didn't seem like anyone was taking him up. Good thing it was the white one...

Carriers have some in stock but I don't fancy another 24 month tie-in and their models are extremely limited.

Wish I had been a bit earlier but at least I had the foresight to order online first.