Iphone 5s meetup: La cantera in san antonio tx

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by EpicurianDREAMS, Sep 13, 2013.

1. EpicurianDREAMS macrumors newbie

Hey guys! I am going to wait in line for the 5S. This will be my 1st iphone! :D yay. Lol. I'm tired of this crappy android phone I'm using. I'm looking to get the space gray/black iphone. I'm hoping to be there extremely early. Who else will there to join me?! I also have a friend who works at the apple store. I'll get some info on how the security will handle the event and how soon one can be there without getting thrown out of the mall. :apple:

2. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Is there anyone already there? Does your friend happen to know exactly when the Apple store will open? Is it going to be 8AM like I've heard? Where would we be allowed to line up at La Cantera?

3. EpicurianDREAMS thread starter macrumors newbie

No, but I will show up super early and hang around the apple store till this thing closes, I keep hearing even they are in very limited supply. There's over 2 million people in San Antonio and apparently only the 2 apple stores will have about 80-90% of the stock. You would be lucky to find it at a bestbuy/ radioshack. I heard this from a verizon manager here in town. Even verizon didn't get anything :apple:

4. Thetroof, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

Thetroof macrumors newbie

La Cantera

I'm doing the same. As soon as I get out of work, I'm heading over to the Apple Store. It's going to be a long night... I did this last time for the iPhone 4S. The line started with about 60 people after the Apple store closed and grew to over 300 people. It was a very long line. Security was walking around, Starbucks handed out coffee and chic-fil-a gave out breakfast sandwiches. It was an experience!

5. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Whenever one of you gets there, please shoot me an update if you don't mind. How many folks already waiting (if any), etc.

Wasn't sure if I wanted to do North Star or La Cantera...decisions.

6. Lamarak macrumors 6502

Any going to ATT stores? For me really depends on if can get an online order in. I don't mind waiting a week or so to make sure I get the color and size I want. But if cant order, I might around 4 or 5 am drive and check out ATT stores.

7. Thetroof macrumors newbie

It's 7:30pm and there is a group about 12 here near the Apple Store in La Cantera Mall waiting. Line is expected to get longer throughout the night.

8. YsoSerious macrumors 6502

YsoSerious

Any of you know if any of the AT&T Stores have any within San Antonio?