iPhone 5S meetups for Palo Alto, Santa Clara, Los Altos

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by firewood, Sep 10, 2013.

1. firewood macrumors 604

No iPhone 5S pre-orders!

Guess I'll have to stand in line somewhere on the 20th. As I'm near Silicon Valley, which line? Stanford, downtown Palo Alto, Valley Fair or Los Gatos?

Woz and his segway were reported to have made an appearance at the Los Gatos Apple store last year.

2. imadizzle macrumors member

Unhappy no preorders! I'm planning as well to be outside Valley Fair most likely. If we were to order on September 20th do you know how long it'll take to get it though?

3. firewood thread starter macrumors 604

iPhone 5S meetups for Palo Alto, Santa Clara, Los Altos, CA

The brand new Stanford shopping center store was mentioned during the iPhone media event. It looks bigger than the Valley Fair store, thus might have better stock; but a line outside would be more exposed in case of inclement weather. Might have to wait for a updated weather report before deciding.

4. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

I think i'll be heading to Los Gatos, will see if Woz is there again :)

5. imadizzle macrumors member

Do you think there's going to be really long lines? I'm hoping that waiting the night before would be enough time.

6. erure macrumors regular

I was going to get there early morning, like maybe 5am-ish. I was thinking Valley Fair would have more stock than Los Gatos, so probably going to Valley Fair, but I'd be willing to bet that Woz would probably show up at the new store in Palo Alto.

7. imadizzle macrumors member

I'm guessing waiting the night before might be a bit excessive if everyone's waiting at 5am? Because of no preorders I'm assuming lines will be pretty long right? Unless things have changed since the iPhone 4, that's the last line I waited in and it was hectic!

8. imadizzle macrumors member

Just spoke to an apple representative and they said people are already lining up. Aw man, I better check it out as soon as possible !

9. erure macrumors regular

Yeah I just got off the phone with apple store rep from Valley Fair and she said that people are already lining up. Looks like I'm heading out there tonight. I haven't lined up for something since iPhone 4. Hrm.

10. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

wonder how many people are lined up at valley fair already? I was thinking of a early 4am tomorrow morning

11. erure macrumors regular

I just got in line and the line's wrapping around outside. It's going to be a long night...

12. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

At Valley Fair? How many people do you think are in line?

13. erure macrumors regular

Yeah I'm at valley fair. I think there are around 200 people in line.

14. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

Wow. Way more than I thought. Hmmm might have to wait this one out

15. tivoboy macrumors 68030

got to stanford shopping center around 5:00

I just waited there since 05:00 PST. there were about 35 people in front of me at that point. What was somewhat annoying was that a security guard when I pulled up said "you cannot stand in line till 06:00 you'll have to come back then" Even though their website said 05:00 was fine..anyway, there is more than one way to enter the open air complex.

They pretty quickly announced that they were OUT of the GOLD. duh, so is ROW.. but by the time they got to me (#50ish) they also had no SILVER at all, but made NO ANNOUNCEMENT.. I said, you might want to tell people that were was ALSO no longer ANY SILVER, since there were about another 250 people in line behind me, but they said "they would take that under advisement"

I'm sure enough people will just take the space grey when told they can't have anything, else, but I did notice several people stepping out of line just behind me - who most likely wanted A COLOR.

16. erure macrumors regular

I got in line around 7:30pm yesterday at Valley Fair. The line had already started going outside so I was maybe 20-30th person in line outside. I had totally thought that I'd be waiting inside the mall so I wasn't dressed to sleep outside and almost died of hypothermia /s. It was pretty damn cold though. Anyway they started giving out donuts and water around 6:30am and by then the line grew huge. They ran out of gold really fast, like before 7am. By the time they got to me, they'd run out of all silver and gold for AT&T and almost all silver and gold for Verizon (they ran out of all models of unlocked/T-Mobile first). I was one of the last to get a silver for Verizon and I got the 64gb. It looked like they had plenty of 5C's -- no one seemed to give a crap about 5C lol. I took a card for 16gb white 5C as a backup but ended up giving it back because I got what I wanted. Anyway I'm pretty sure many people left disappointed. They did not have enough inventory at all. Also I think the people in line first were being pretty greedy. Lastly, there was rampant line cutting -- one person in line saving spots for a whole group of people. It pissed me off to no end but I got what I wanted.