iPhone 5s NYC Availability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fedmahn Kassad, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Fedmahn Kassad macrumors regular

Hey folks,

Anyone have luck finding a 5S in the NYC area? I've got an online order ready to go in.... "October." I'm obviously not confident about what that means and would rather get one in-store, but the in-store pickup says there aren't any available.

2. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

I'm also in the NYC area waiting for a 5S. I ordered in the morning on launch day and just got a shipping confirmation today. Will be getting it in the mail Tuesday next week. If you ordered on or near launch day, I expect your order will be coming in around next week as well.

I wouldn't count on finding one in store. The demand is just way to crazy. I'm just staying patient and waiting for mine to show up at my doorstep.

3. Fedmahn Kassad thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure you understand how it feels to know that my phone will be "available to ship" in "October." They could only have been more vague by saying "coming soon" lol.

4. alent1234 macrumors 603

either do the online reservation deal at 10pm
    camp out by a store
    or wait a month to 6 weeks for demand to die down

i'm doing the third choice. 5s is a nice phone but not that big a deal for me to go out of my way for it

5. macbookman83 macrumors 6502

Available in the Bronx

I've posted last week that I ran into luck at a Boost Mobile store in Kingsbridge in the Bronx............ I went back to the same store yesterday morning and they have silver and space grey in stock...... In fact the female associate told me that they were getting the Gold in stock yesterday.

Its in Kingsbrige right off the D and 4 trains.......... The only thing is the store sells them at device only so its 699 799 899 respectively.... (yes they tack on that extra $50 but mine came with a case, screen protector, and an addional charger.

I'd be happy to pick it up for anyone for a $ 100 service fee.

6. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

LOL so on top of the $50 the store tacks on, you're tacking on another $100.... what a bargain. Someone jump on this quick!

7. macbookman83 macrumors 6502

It was a suggestion geeeez..... I gave everyone the location of where to purchase the phone on their own for FREE. There are many people looking to grab the phone but DO NOT want to wait like everyone else or literally just walk into a store. In those cases I'd be more than happy to purchase it for a price. I believe in American it called an....... ummmmm....... SERVICE:apple:;).