Iphone 5S - Phone Volume Override

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ptrainerny, Oct 3, 2013.

1. ptrainerny macrumors newbie

Is there any override to make the phone volume louder? Hard to hear the other people even on max volume

2. Indecisi0n macrumors regular

Indecisi0n

When was the last time you had your hearing checked by a doctor?

3. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Thy probably still have the plastic cover over the front. ;)

And if not, definitely time to get their hearing checked.

4. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Check the plastic. If it has already been removed, consider taking the device to an Apple Store to get it checked.

5. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Same with mine, and got some of the same lame immature answers on this forum of the plastic should be removed or get my hearing check. The ringer was low as well as hearing others. Had a few friends listen as well, and they noticed the volume was in need of being increased though it was at max. Not terribly low but had to listen more carefully or be in a quiet area. Nothing that I tried worked, so the phone went back.

6. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

Dstopsie

try using siri, you can barely hear the beep for her. yes my ringer is all the way up, yes the volume on calls is all the way up. apple needs to fix this volume control issue

7. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Your making this a blanket statement, as if it affects all iPhones, but it doesn't. Mine is fine and it seems there are only a few of you having this problem.

Thus, it's not something Apple needs to fix for every phone, if yours is having a problem, contact Apple to have the phone checked out.

My dad is very ill and he's 84 years old, not only did I notice that I can hear him much better on my 5s, but he noticed right away that I had a new phone, as well, since he could hear me better, too.

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Don't forget Siri and its beep noise have a different volume setting than the rest of the device. Having Siri turned down very low could cause problems with you being able to hear it.

9. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

Dstopsie

can you please tell me where there is a sound adjustment for siri? cant seem to find it in settings and i dont remember doing this on my other phones.

if you mean to just turn up the volume buttons on the side of the phone when i am using siri i have already done that. in the car when i go to use siri it seems to be a very low volume and dont hear the beep very well, heard it fine on my iphone 5.

thanks!

10. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

There's no menu - you have to adjust the volume while Siri is active, ie, when he/she is talking.

Just adjust it as you would the ringer volume using the buttons, but when Siri is speaking, using those buttons will adjust the Siri volume.

11. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Go into Siri and when it's listening or talking, press the up/down buttons until it sounds adequate.

12. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

I have the same issue with the earpiece volume on my 5S, I don't have the plastic on, my hearing is fine, the volume is maxed out while on the call and I even tried cleaning the speaker slit in case there was an obstruction but when in a quiet room I have to be very particular about where I place the phone against my ear in order to hear the person on the other end and if I'm in a noisy area then just forget about it.

Siri and anything else that uses the speaker phone are clearly audible so it is isolated to just the earpiece volume.

----------

Here is something to try, it seemed to make a difference for me just now: Plug in some ear phones, make a call or listen to a voicemail etc, crank up the volume, then unplug the headphones and then try the earpiece volume.

However that may have just been the Safari is snappier effect kicking in so I'm curious how it goes for others.

13. wxman2003 Suspended

Check under Settings > General > Accessibility > Mono Audio and make sure it’s off.

14. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

Dstopsie

did that just find it way lower volume than my iphone 5 was .

----------

its off thanks but siri just sounds lower volume than my iphone 5 especially when i am in the car trying to use it.