iPhone 5S - plastic iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applefiend95, Jul 4, 2013.

1. applefiend95 macrumors regular

if i was a member of Apple, i would eliminate the iPod touch once and for all. instead, i would re-introduce it as a cheaper iPhone. how much does it cost anyways to put a cellular system in it? i just don't like the idea of a cheaper plastic iPhone - that just takes the idea of an iPhone from iPhone. furthermore, i would make an option on the cheaper iPhone so that it could be used as an iPod touch without the SIM.

2. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

People who buy iPod touches don't need/want/can't buy an iPhone, regardless of it being cheaper and plastic. Unless this iPhone we're taking about is as cheap as an iPod touch, which it won't be.

3. j0han macrumors 6502

j0han

And people who might buy a iPod is the parents for their kids, to be able to use Instagram, play games, and not be able to call.

4. 617aircav Suspended

This doesn't make any sense at all. Why eliminate the iPod touch market, and loose it? An iPod touch user is not automatically going to buy an iPhone if you eliminate the iPod touch.

5. jcpb macrumors 6502a

The only advantage a SIM-less iPhone has over the iPod is GPS, and one solitary feature does not warrant the $250 price premium over a fully spec'ed-out iPod.

6. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Agreed, also there's no point in having a gps unless you have LTE, wifi ain't gonna cut it. I wonder if they'll consider putting in a data cell receiver into it, like the ones in ipad and ipad mini. Meh, decisions, decisions.