iPhone 5s power button loose/wobbly and rattles

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Amiz, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Amiz macrumors regular

Is this normal, I have barely pressed the button 20 times yet and it is rattling when I shake the iPhone and loose when I feel it, it's putting me off, can I replace etc.?

2. whitmanjg macrumors member

whitmanjg

mine does this too, from what i understand its not a defect, just the way the phone is. lots of other threads have been made on this topic so it seems to be very common. i wouldnt worry about it.

3. joeluken macrumors member

I had the same issue and this doesn't happen with my other iphone (4 or 5). I reported the issue to AppleCare and was told by different operatives that there should be not rattles.

Similar issues have be reported on numerous forums and there's at least one I know of on Apples own support forum- https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5355229?start=0&tstart=0

I noticed the issue within the first 14 days and returned the unit for refund.

4. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Do a search OP and you will see many threads on this starting with the iPhone 5 and now many with the iphone 5S. Its normal for most owners and nothing to worry about

5. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

Mine rattles. Checked all the displays at my local apple store and they rattle. I wanted to
    Swap it out but my replacement had rattle too when they brought it out. So I decided to just keep my original phone. It's not bothering me anymore but that's just me. Make a appt with a genius and see what they say and hopefully they can give you a replacement that doesn't have the power button rattle.

6. Toby Ziegler macrumors regular

Toby Ziegler

Happened on my original 4S and the replacement I got when the dock connector died, as well as my 5S. Never had an issue with it on the 4S (either of them) and no issues in the past two weeks.

I keep a bumper on mine, so even if the rattle was something that bothered me, I wouldn't be able to notice it.

7. blcfla macrumors regular

I noticed this as well on my silver 5S. the power button is def. "loose" in comparison to my black 5. After I noticed it with the 5S I pulled out the 5 and gave it a shake and didn't budge lol

The button itself works perfectly fine and I've see a lot of threads about it and seems the majority have this "issue" so doesn't seem worth pursuing unless it becomes a problem later on...unless it bugs you THAT much.