iPhone 5S pre-orders

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Gala, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Gala macrumors regular

I've never been due for an upgrade at the time of the release but this year I am. What is my best bet to get the phone ASAP. Pre-order from Apple.com? And if so, when do they usually go on sale, day of the keynote, 12am of the date stated at the keynote?

2. dessskris macrumors newbie

Rumour has it the 5S will be announced on Tuesday 10 Sept, you can start preordering from Tuesday 17 Sept and it'll go on sale starting Friday 20 Sept.

3. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Based on every past release, it goes announcement -> Friday preorder -> next Friday released. So I think it's much more likely to be available for pre-order on Friday 13th.

4. dessskris macrumors newbie

oh right... must have remembered wrongly, sorry! :p

5. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Not to worry :p

Although I wonder what marketing campaign Samsung can spin off Apple holding pre-orders on an 'unlucky' day...

6. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

As cambook said, the pre-orders usually start the friday of the same week as the event (so probably Sep 13) usually midnight on Thursday night (Pacific Time); so Friday 1am (mountain) 2am (central) and 3am (eastern). The sooner you order the quicker it will arrive. After only a few days, shipping can take up to 4-6 weeks depending on how many/fast they produce the phones

Also depends on where you live. Here in new orleans there isnt much drama, so waiting in line at the apple store in the morning will probably get you one without much of a wait. But online is generally the easiest way, but might leave you anxiously waiting for a while.

7. imjoee macrumors 6502

imjoee

Idk if you're willing to wake up early and waiting in line. But, for the last 2 years i have missed a few hours of school to get the 4S & the 5. But, i usually go to my carrier (sprint) however, they state they only have a limit of 20 phones a day, which i think is a huge lie to keep out the riots or whatever.

8. heutusops macrumors regular

leaks say that it will be official on 10th sep and will launch on 20th sep. so, will get the new iphone by 20th sep if you pre-order it.:)