iPhone 5's Production Stopped?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Darkroggue, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Darkroggue macrumors newbie

Hey there. I bought my iPhone 5 nearly two months ago as I said earlier. It's the first Apple production that I have ever had. I like it very much, but nowadays I'm anxious about something.

When Apple released the new iPhones, we all faced with the fact that they would stop iPhone 5's production after some time. My question is, how does this affect me and the other iPhone 5 users? It surely is something bad, but how much bad it actually is? Can't we enjoy the applications after a while? I mean, I am afraid of that any applications will be optimized anymore for iPhone 5. What do you know about this? Am I wrong, or what? How will we users be affected by this production ending? We see that Apple doesn't care about the old models of the iPhones they manufactured. I'm also afraid this production ending thingy may shorten the time.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Given the 4's is still on the market for another year you have nothing to worry about

3. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

My mom and sister just both bought a white iPhone 5 today at Verizon. Phones were free because they traded in their iPhone 4. Not bad. They love them.

Things will still work fine on your 5, don't worry. Just because it's not being built anymore, doesn't mean Apple is just going to abandon it, they know many people are still signed onto contracts with them.

4. in4fun macrumors regular

since the 5 internals are nearly identical to the 5c - I would assume that you get support for the 5 as long as they support the 5c

so I guess there's hope

5. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

You have nothing to worry about anytime soon Darkroggue.

the 5C is essentially just an iPhone 5 in plastic color, and that is a phone they will be selling at least a year.

Furthermore, the resolution of the display is the same as the 5S too.

The only thing you are missing over new top of the line 5S is fingerprint sensor, the updated camera, and a faster processor.

The iPhone 5 is still an exceptional phone, which is why they turned it into an iPhone 5C.

Honestly, you will be fine for a couple years.

6. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

oVerboost

You've nothing to worry about, the 5 will be able to run the latest apps and updates for years to come...
    The 4 can still run 90% of the apps, the 3GS has only been "phased out" over the past year really and the only people with those aren't really fussed about apps and tech etc IMO. 64 bit won't really come into its own on the 5s in anywhere close to full potential, it's just putting into place for the future...

Apple also have a large supply of 5's which will go into circulation as refurbished replacements from Apple stores, the rest broken down and used in 5C builds I expect.

7. Darkroggue, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013

Darkroggue thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your replies. I asked a friend of mine, who used 4S in the past and now is using Samsung as far as I know, and he told me almost the same. That 5C is nearly the same with 5 and I've nothing to worry about. I just wanted to take your advices. As I said earlier, this phone is the first Appe product that I've bought so far. That's why I don't know Apple too much as you all do. I don't know if their phones are strong, if they support the products after a while etc. However, it looks like I got my answer. Before this phone, I have used 5800 for 4 years or so. I have never dropped it. I took care of it very well. Though, I had to keep up with the technology at some point :)
    You know, the more we take care of something, the more terrible things happen to it. I dropped my iPhone 5 twice until now. Firstly, it dropped on the carpet from hip height but it didn't fall in a hardy way because the surface of the carpet was very soft when compared to the others. Then, after a few weeks, secondly, it dropped on the marble from shinbone height. In both conditions, the back of the phone was covered by a case and the front was covered by a protective gelatine as it still is. I hope I didn't do it any harm :p I don't know about phone cases, but I think mine is somewhat hard-plastic. The back of the case is just the same with the back of iPhone 5.