iphone 5S random restarts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sevimli, Sep 25, 2013.

1. sevimli macrumors 6502a

sevimli

Hi

I am having problem with my 5S (att), it randomly restarts, it happened 4 times since last friday. Is there any crash log that I could take a look? It usually happens when I unlock it or try to use home button, so that makes me think touch id thingie has a problem perhaps?

Anyone else random restart problems, not re-spring?

Thanks!

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

More like iOS 7 is a new release and we have to wait for the 7.1.3 update for the bugs to get ironed out.

Happens every single iOS release (4, 5, 6, etc...)

3. Topher227 macrumors regular

I've had a couple reboots within stock apps.

For example, last time it happened I was in Messages. I would send a message and then press the power button. The phone would not turn off. The home button wouldn't respond either. The weird part is that I could still send/receive messages. Eventually, the apple logo appears and I'm prompted for a passcode.

I'm 90%+ sure it's because I used the beta and NEVER set up as a new iphone, even for the GM. If it keeps happening, i'll probably just erase and start as a new phone.

4. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

So far absolutely no restarts/resprings on my (t-mo) 5s. Have mostly been using the usual browser/mail/messaging plus a smattering of other apps. Very steady/heavy use since I've had it too.