iPhone 5S rattling noise

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmercer, Oct 2, 2013.

1. dmercer macrumors newbie

Just set up my 5S and when I move the phone about the sleep button rattles about. Does anyone else have this problem?

2. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

It's the camera lens. Hold your thumb over the lens and put some pressure on it and shake it. It should stop.

Known issue for a million years, but nothing to worry about.

3. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Nope. It's the power button at the top and they all have this. Try searching next time, there's been a thousand threads.

4. dmercer thread starter macrumors newbie

It's definitely the sleep button. I'm concerned as the button went on my 4 and I had to use the paper trick to get it to work.

5. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Yeah they all have the issue. I've had 3 5s's and they all do it. Everyone that doesn't have the 5s says it's the camera lense but it's not. If they had the 5s they would know. They should probably quit responding with that answer until they get the phone themselves.

6. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

I have the 5 and 5s in front of me. My 5 doesn't do it and 5s does so I searched and there are tons of threads saying it's the lens.

Makes sense that it's actually the sleep button though

7. elemenop27 macrumors newbie

It's the button, there is too much space between the button and the case, or not enough pressure from inside pushing outward on the button, thus it has play and rattles. Two 5S phones I've had rattle, as did each display model regardless of color. Who knows if this will be addressed, or just ignored and never explained with a reason from apple?

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

A little bit chewing gum will solve that problem.

9. hounslowfish macrumors regular

I have the same problem with a brand new space grey. It is disappointing and of unapplelike quality.