iPhone 5S Release?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Big Tav, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Big Tav macrumors newbie

Hi guys, my contract runs out on 21/8/13 on my iPhone 4S. I am looking to upgrade but the iphone 5s can't be far away. I know it would only be a guess but do you think it would be August or September when the new phone is out?

I don't want to buy a 5 then 1 month later the new one comes out and I am stuck with the old phone contract for 2 years.

Thanks!

2. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

3. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Just because your contract is finished doesn't mean you have to purchase a new iPhone right away. You can wait it out just a few more weeks can't you ? If you wait it out and the 5S is not what you want, than at least the iphone 5 will be a bit cheaper when the S model comes out. Mid Sept or early Oct ;)

4. rockitdog Suspended

Don't you phones stop working as soon as they are out of contract! SMH! This guy needs to upgrade pronto! Better get the 5, can't wait for the 5S!

5. 617aircav Suspended

Just wait, you already know there is a new iPhone coming, if it cones out a month or two months after you get the five, what's the difference?

6. Big Tav thread starter macrumors newbie

I know the phone doesn't stop working lol! I am with Vodafone and they are rubbish and I had to give them 30 day notice that I wanted to leave. I guess I could go back to them and tell them to keep going for a month or two.

7. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Get the iPhone 5, and forget about the rest of the world.

8. Grmnracing macrumors regular

The 5 is no piece of junk when when the 5s comes out.

I have the 4s and really want LTE. I'm with Verizon and only get 3G speeds at most 1.7 Mbps. I'm eligible for upgrade in 2 weeks. I am waiting for the 5s. If my upgrade was available last month I would have gotten the 5.

9. byronccma macrumors newbie

yet it's one that is utterly needed. Without a long battery life, a smartphone is pretty useless, so thankfully Apple keeps upping its battery game with each new iPhone it releases.[​IMG]

10. Grmnracing macrumors regular

I don't think the larger battery will add any real life usage times. iOS 7 is much more animated. More battery usage will be consumed.

Apple may claim it adds extra time, however in real life usage I think battery life will be less than iPhone 5 running iOS 6.

11. GALAGA macrumors member

GALAGA

my contract was done last march and Im still waiting for the 5s patiently. If it`s not what I want then I`ll just get the 5, by that time the 5 it will be cheaper. Plus the 5 probably gets the same firmware upgrade/update.;) And I`m very excited to smash my android phone with a hammer :D

12. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

You dont have to get a new phone as soon as your contract is up. You know that right? :p

Just wait until the 5S, you will regret getting the 5

13. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Hasn't been for me.

14. Grmnracing macrumors regular

I'm on a 4S what phone are you using?

15. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

a 5

16. chrisaster macrumors regular

So what sort of battery life will the iPhone 5 running ios7 have then ?

17. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

No one can tell you that. iOS 7 is still just a beta; all any of us who have used it can give you are anecdotal experiences. In my case, battery life on iOS 7 has been great; on par with what I get with iOS 6. Anyone who says anything definitive is talking out of their rears.

18. Grmnracing, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013

Grmnracing macrumors regular

In your case IOS 7 beta has been great.
    There are many differentials. I know it's a beta and not optimized. For me on an iPhone 4S it was a bit of a battery hog. Most likely due to more features, animations, and harder on the processor. Your mileage may vary.

Check this out http://www.sidhtech.com/news/ios7-iphone-4s-battery-iphone-5/10014564/