iPhone 5s: Restore from backup?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Krissypantz2828, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

I'm so used to setting up as new because I've been with the iOS 7 beta's since they started. It shouldn't matter though with a brand new phone right? I could restore from backup? Also I noticed that when I restored from backup with the latest beta's I didn't get all my apps on my phone :(. It was missing at least 25 of them. Why is that so?

2. oaktree macrumors regular

Same thing happened to me. I wish I knew the answer to that. What a pain that was to download those missing apps and then move them to the right page and/or folder.

3. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Yah especially the ones we have lots of data in them. I have an app I use daily and didn't like the fact that I had to re-do everything I had done before. Actually I was just reading, the next time you do a back up. Go into the "transfer apps" and drag them into your "phone" on iTunes. Apparently that works. I will check it out.

4. oaktree macrumors regular

How do you get to transfer apps? I used that once many years ago, and I can't seem to find it anymore.

Yes, and I lost data on several apps. I had a packing list saved on my Frommer's app, and it didn't transfer. All the items I had saved on my "Where is My?" app are gone. Now I have to try to remember where all the items I saved to that app are, and reenter them.:eek: I had no idea these kinds of things wouldn't be backed up. Next time I buy a phone I'll be more prepared.

5. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

I will let you know once my update is done downloading. :)

6. oaktree macrumors regular

Thanks!

7. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Just go to iTunes->File->Devices->Transfer purchases
    Sync and then back up.

All my apps are in iTunes, where as before they were not :)

8. oaktree macrumors regular

Hmmm. When I get to devices, I don't have a transfer purchases link.

If I have backed up my device, multiple times I might add, to iTunes, wouldn't my apps be in iTunes?

9. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Hmm that is weird. I wasn't even able to back up unless I updated to 7.0.2. I don't know if you are on it. And if you aren't I don't know if that is the problem.

10. oaktree macrumors regular

Maybe. I haven't updated to 7.0.2 yet because I haven't been notified that I need to update. However, maybe that's not the way to do it. At any rate, I have never seen that link in devices, so I really think I am going crazy! I'll have to call support and get their help. Thanks anyway!!

11. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Hmm that is weird