iPhone 5s - San Diego/UTC mall - San Diego, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Amenite, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Amenite macrumors newbie

Anyone camping out at the apple store in UTC mall in San Diego? I plan to scope around 2 am and then 3 am and then 4 am and see how the situation is and decide when to go. I literally live a mile away so I just walk to the mall haha.
    I went to fashion valley apple store today and they said they will allow lines in the mall around 5 am and if I was there around then, I "should be good." The rep also said that they haven't seen any people start lining up yet and they don't expect long lines :O
    So all you fashion valley folks are in luck, get there around 5 am.

Who wants to meet up at UTC?! :)

2. MacLuvnRN macrumors newbie

San Diego iPhone line hashtag

There are at least 8 people in line at Carlsbad and one at North County Fair. There is now a hashtag for the San Diego iPhone line. Please use it/follow to hopefully give more info re: lines. #sdiphoneline

3. Amenite thread starter macrumors newbie

I just texted the UTC apple store and they said there is some people outside already. I will go take a look in about an hour or so #sdiphoneline

4. Amenite thread starter macrumors newbie

Just checked out the UTC store, 8 people in line already (3 of them had camping equipment) :eek:
    The store didn't know when the security will let people in :(

5. MacLuvnRN macrumors newbie

Do you know someone working at the store or can anyone text the Apple store?

6. Amenite thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I don't know anyone there. There is an app that lets you text businesses nearby you. Its called Talkto. Saves you the calling hassle (I prefer texting)

7. MacLuvnRN macrumors newbie

Very cool! Hadn't heard of that one. Checking it out to text North County Fair store now.:D:apple:

8. Amenite thread starter macrumors newbie

Fo sho! They replied to me in about 12 minutes, hope yours is faster. You can always come here to UTC if NOoth County has a long line haha :rolleyes:

9. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Being hearing impaired, this would be a boon for me. Giving it a try now. Thank you!!

10. MacLuvnRN macrumors newbie

They replied pretty quick but said there was no line and "by the way the mall doesn't open until 6am and our store doesn't open until 8am." Bah humbug....:mad: When I called earlier they told me one person was in line & I'm sure he didn't leave. I'm sure they are trying to keep it sane but that isn't going to keep me away and I'm not waiting until 6.

11. Amenite thread starter macrumors newbie

Glad I could help :)

Wow, that is rude. But I suppose they are getting a lot of calls today asking that so maybe they are out of it :confused:
    I ma check my local apple store every 2 hours, will keep posting. Also, there is no line at that store either...last time I checked at 6 teherw ere 8 people but now zero. WTF?
    #sdiphoneline

12. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

At UTC right now. Including myself 7 people in line.

13. Amenite thread starter macrumors newbie

That's not bad. I am thinking of going around 12:30 or 1. Wanna keep us posted how it goes? And will they let us stay in the mall?
    #sdiphoneline

14. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I'll keep everyone updated as long as I'm awake lol. There was a rope set up when got here and security is walking around so I'm assuming we are good to stay.

15. Amenite thread starter macrumors newbie

Sounds good. #sdiphoneline

16. kidnaper macrumors newbie

I'd be right there at UTC with ya in a whole bunch of hours if I could stick around until 8. Did you ask anyone working if they had any idea what their stock was like? I almost dropped in today to ask, but knowing that I wouldn't be able to buy one of them I didn't want to put forth the effort.

17. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

You did. I got a response in a few minutes! So nice.

Unfortunately my reason for wanting to contact the Apple store was to inquire about the stock of the particular 5S model I want. No joy-- they replied very politely but couldn't give an estimate about supply, except to say it'd be "very limited."

I'm really hoping that the 7th isn't the earliest for shipping orders placed online... I might be traveling that week... SIGH.

Anyway. That TalkTo app is a keeper. Thanks again for the referral!

18. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

12 people in line right now. Security came over. We are allowed to stay but we can not use their chairs. Stupid but warning to all bring your own.

19. Amenite thread starter macrumors newbie

For real? :mad:
    Ughh fine. I'll head over in 20

20. hstansbury macrumors newbie

21. Amenite thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope. UTC has approximately 22 people in line in front of me so fashion valley should be around 40?

22. adpretto macrumors member

Fashion Valley has never allowed people to wait overnight , for iPad launch no one was allowed on the property til 6am, so im not sure but I assume there management wont change that policy